Calling out 105

Last night was the 1st time I’ve ever sat in 105 and it will be the last. I usually sit in 104 and got to the game 5 hours early thinking that would be good enough to beat out all fans who only show up for big games but I was wrong. I ended up being forced to sit at the top of 105 if I wanted lower level. The emotion for the majority of 105 was absolutley pathetic. Hardly anybody was jumping around or getting really into it like the majority of 104. Good portion of people sat down during timeouts. They were out of sync on a lot of chants and weren’t nearly loud enough. Just didn’t seem like they cared all that much. Why bother showing up early and sitting lower level if you are not going to go crazy. Granted the first few rows got up for the game but there was a huge gap up until my row where nobody did much. If you are not going to get loud and crazy please sit in the upper level.

I could tell from 216, very weak- 104 dominated 105

calling out 105??? you should be calling out 104 that section is pathetic this year. For first time since they went to the new ticketing system i have sat outside 104; 108 to be exact. I could barely hear 104 from where i was sitting. and talk about off on timing 104 was off and it was the same section how do you mess up inside one section. I blame this on the fact that all old faces that know what is going on are no longer getting into the section. I walked around to the alumni side and watched the section. I recognized about 5 ppl in the first two rows. When the ticketing system started i knew out of the 36 some odd seats in those rows all but like 8 ppl and those where the guests of the fans down there. There are several ways to fix this. if they want to keep the GA seating, which i personally cant stand, then athletics needs to go outside and rope off the doors. I cant count the number of ppl that would walk up and just get inline anywhere they wanted. They have the security there walk outside and keep the lines organized. They also need to be watching tickets more closely if it takes a couple extra minutes for me to get in the door so be it but i dont want to see any more door 2 or door 3 ppl walking in with the door 1’s. This is another easy fix, give each door a “time” they can come in. If the game is at 7 then door 1 goes in from 6-6:15, door 2 from 6:15-6:30, etc. Lets also open the doors up again 1.5 hours before the game why hold us an extra half hour. When students werent showing up early to the games it seemed understandable but now come on let us in.

My personal favorite would be to go back to the way it was the first year give everyone there that wants to sit lower level a section a row and a seat number. Yes ppl will complain but if you rank them like the first year they will be earned. Look other major schools, state, carolina, tennesee, duke, etc you will see the same ppl in the same spots game in and game out. Too bad if you are an incoming freshman, you learn what it takes to come out and be in those seats by the time you become a senior. Why penalize the ppl that have been out here bleeding green and white since we came? Look at the attendance numbers for the other sports we have at this school the first year they went to the assigned seats vs the years since. Yes im sure they are up over all but vs that 1st year they are down like 60%.

now everyone may not agree with me but this is what i have to say and im sure im not alone i also realize that as much as i would like to see these changes made they probably wont.

Mainly i guess what im trying to say is lets get 104 restored back to its former glory and then worry about the other sections.

on another note I was very impressed by the ppl wearing black there were very few i saw in other colors but the ones i did were white or green still acceptable to me. But two big this i didnt like is WHY WAS THE TEAM NOT IN BLACK? I have seen the black uniforms on more than one occasion in my tenure here. the other is WHITE TOWELS during a black out? was it too much to spend like he extra 20 cents to get them in black?

ok, so this must be the idiot that was sitting behind me.

we don’t want you in 105 anyway. just because people don’t start chanting with you every time the ref makes a bad call doesn’t mean we don’t cheer hard.

we don’t like when fans (you) mock our players.

also, you were the one that was off on the chants, for the record. I couldn’t even do the “go niners, go” chant because you were so off.

that is, if you were the person behind me. and i’m pretty sure you were.

[QUOTE=rangerwolfy;364065]calling out 105??? you should be calling out 104 that section is pathetic this year. For first time since they went to the new ticketing system i have sat outside 104; 108 to be exact. I could barely hear 104 from where i was sitting. and talk about off on timing 104 was off and it was the same section how do you mess up inside one section. I blame this on the fact that all old faces that know what is going on are no longer getting into the section. I walked around to the alumni side and watched the section. I recognized about 5 ppl in the first two rows. When the ticketing system started i knew out of the 36 some odd seats in those rows all but like 8 ppl and those where the guests of the fans down there. There are several ways to fix this. if they want to keep the GA seating, which i personally cant stand, then athletics needs to go outside and rope off the doors. I cant count the number of ppl that would walk up and just get inline anywhere they wanted. They have the security there walk outside and keep the lines organized. They also need to be watching tickets more closely if it takes a couple extra minutes for me to get in the door so be it but i dont want to see any more door 2 or door 3 ppl walking in with the door 1’s. This is another easy fix, give each door a “time” they can come in. If the game is at 7 then door 1 goes in from 6-6:15, door 2 from 6:15-6:30, etc. Lets also open the doors up again 1.5 hours before the game why hold us an extra half hour. When students werent showing up early to the games it seemed understandable but now come on let us in.

My personal favorite would be to go back to the way it was the first year give everyone there that wants to sit lower level a section a row and a seat number. Yes ppl will complain but if you rank them like the first year they will be earned. Look other major schools, state, carolina, tennesee, duke, etc you will see the same ppl in the same spots game in and game out. Too bad if you are an incoming freshman, you learn what it takes to come out and be in those seats by the time you become a senior. Why penalize the ppl that have been out here bleeding green and white since we came? Look at the attendance numbers for the other sports we have at this school the first year they went to the assigned seats vs the years since. Yes im sure they are up over all but vs that 1st year they are down like 60%.

now everyone may not agree with me but this is what i have to say and im sure im not alone i also realize that as much as i would like to see these changes made they probably wont.

Mainly i guess what im trying to say is lets get 104 restored back to its former glory and then worry about the other sections.

on another note I was very impressed by the ppl wearing black there were very few i saw in other colors but the ones i did were white or green still acceptable to me. But two big this i didnt like is WHY WAS THE TEAM NOT IN BLACK? I have seen the black uniforms on more than one occasion in my tenure here. the other is WHITE TOWELS during a black out? was it too much to spend like he extra 20 cents to get them in black?[/QUOTE]

1. NCAA rules. Home team wears the lighter color. Black was not an option.
  2. White towels on a black background stand out. Black towels on a black background are pointless.

The reason that some of the chants were out of sync were the result of a great problem to have. Too many people were loud and crazy. The core group in the first few rows was trying to start chants, and there was also a group of guys a few rows back starting them as well. I applaud them, if there was a moment that noise wasn’t being made, they took it upon themselves to start it.

The best solution, IMO, is for all of the 104 crazies to straddle the aisle between 104 and 105. This way, the core of the student section is right in the middle. We, in the student section, feed off of our own energy… that’s why I think 105 is so lackadaisical. If we center the source of all of that energy between 104 and 105, the energy of the student section, I believe, will double.

ncaa rules home team may have to wear the lighter color but they have the option to wear what ever color we want it would be on clemson to change their color. If we had wanted to come out in orange and purple, god forbid, clemson still would have needed to change

I don’t know the whole door one, door two deal but I do know it doesn’t work. I personally know several people who simply photoshop their printed tickets to get into door one to get into the lower bowl. Pisses me off- because I want to most fanatical students down there.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;364074]I don’t know the whole door one, door two deal but I do know it doesn’t work. I personally know several people who simply photoshop their printed tickets to get into door one to get into the lower bowl. Pisses me off- because I want to most fanatical students down there.[/QUOTE]
exatly why if they inist on the GA seating they need to either section off the lines outside or if they really want to catch ppl have the doors enter at different times

Wow.

that’s crap

You wont hit him!

I’ve said this about both student sections …
-Guys if you are gonna get there that early bring something to be LOUD AND COORDINATED WITH…seriously.
-I got stuck in 108 yesterday and I couldn’t hear EITHER OF THE SECTIONS so don’t blame each other because both 104 and 105 lack coordination and general “LOUDNESS…”

-sorry to criticize but if you guys are going to be the people who get their early and grab those seats …how about acting like it because you can’t hear the chants for #### I’ve already suggested signs, white boards, etc…so I don’t know what else to say…you guys beat me to the gate and will continue to, so here’s hoping that next home game will be LOUDER.

so here's hoping that next home game will be LOUDER.

Next home game is Youngstown St. over winter break…

Next home game is Youngstown St. over winter break...

ah crap that’s right… well that’s not a welcome sign.:tumble:

Wow… First students vs. Alumni now students vs. students… Wtf is going on with the 9er faithful?? I dont understand these bull**** ass posts?? Almost everyone on this board is a hardcore 9er fan & know what the hell they are doing when they are at games… If you are so worried about **** like this then tell people at the game… Get your ass there early & tell the people in the stands that dont have a clue what NN.N is how they should cheer! Anyone that sits in 104 thinks its the best & anyone that sits in 105 thinks its better. Who give a rats ass??

Personally I dont care which is better. I will say that the one chant that stood out was the chant for the recruit before the game started. Couldnt make out who it was from the upperdeck but he sure as hell did! Had a huge smile! I think that chant came from 105 right?

I have a solution to stop the bickering between 104 and 105. I sit on the front row upstairs. I’ll be glad to hang banners over the rail with the appropriate chant on them… but be forewarned, you may see some chants you’ve never used before.

I have a solution to stop the bickering between 104 and 105. I sit on the front row upstairs. I'll be glad to hang banners over the rail with the appropriate chant on them............. but be forewarned, you may see some chants you've never used before.
That would be so awesome.

People are actually complaining about who wasn’t loud enough in last night’s game. Just wow.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;364126]People are actually complaining about who wasn’t loud enough in last night’s game. Just wow.[/QUOTE]

Jim thats when you know you’ve arrived as a program… By the way who was the recruit last night…

[QUOTE=Lutz4Life;364138]Jim thats when you know you’ve arrived as a program… By the way who was the recruit last night…[/QUOTE]

Its in his blog, in case he’s not on to answer you.

Id post the link, but I dont have it at this moment!