Cam Newton is most like.....

Having met and talked to Cam a few times, he’s a great guy and I hope the Panthers get him. The slams on his personality in that pre-draft guide a week or two ago confused everyone at AU.

He has a VERY strong arm; I’m hoping he’s a hybrid between Roethlisberger and Vick, but he probably won’t be able to scramble in the NFL like he did in college.

Yeah, a rapist who tortures dogs would be fantastic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, a rapist who tortures dogs would be fantastic! :-P[/quote]
LMAO. Touche.

Yeah, a rapist who tortures dogs would be fantastic! :-P[/quote]

It’s better than a torturer who rapes dogs

So, in other words, Vince Young.

I voted for Vince Young but only because I couldn’t find the Akili Smith option.

He’s got a better arm than Young, and runs better than Rothlesberger. I see him closest to Culpepper for the QB’s listed. Whoever drafts him is hoping for Culpepper instead of JeMarcus Russell.

None of the above?

Dang. I meant to include Russell.

Dang. I meant to include Russell.[/quote]

And that’s to be determined, as to whether Newton will be like Culpepper or Russell (on the field). Newton moves better than Russell did in college, but doesn’t have as strong of an arm. Russell and Newton had one season of college football that they were/will be judged upon before they were drafted. I remember watching Russell in LSU’s bowl game against Notre Dame and thinking “wow”, this kid can throw the ball. Throwing in the NFL is much different than throwing in college, though. All of the pro-Newton folks point to his passing efficiency numbers and that he was 2nd in the nation last year in that category. Let’s not forget though, that Russell was ranked 3rd in that category the year he came out.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2006/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html

Newton as all of the athletic ability in the world, but as we’ve seen with Vince Young, that alone does not make for a great NFL QB.

Why no comparisons with John Elway? Mobile QB, ridiculously strong arm.
Oh yeah, he’s white. Racists.

[quote=“NLP, post:12, topic:25267”]Why no comparisons with John Elway? Mobile QB, ridiculously strong arm.
Oh yeah, he’s white. Racists.[/quote]

Cam Newton is not white.

Hush your mouth!

[quote=“NLP, post:12, topic:25267”]Why no comparisons with John Elway? Mobile QB, ridiculously strong arm.

We didn’t compare him to all white players, and somebody said he won’t be a good pro so in the great words of Warren Moon, “THAT’S RACIST!!”

Hush your mouth![/quote]

Cam is a better runner, but Ben is better at surprise sex.

Ha! Or that other great white, rushing Denver QB, Tebow. Elway’s rushing stats have been overblown over the years. I think it was more like “for a guy that has a cannon, he can sometimes run too”.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f93789/article/forget-comparisons-to-russell-newton-looks-more-like-big-ben

E. Jamarcus Russell

He is nothing like Russell. THe only thing they have in common is they are both black.

Culpepper is actually a fairly good comparison and I’d be happy if he was like Culpepper. Culpepper was a pretty good QB before the Panthers ruined his knee. He wasn’t incredible, but he was a solid QB.