Can Someone Explain

Can someone explain how we lost to Hoftra and Tulsa? I’ve been out of town and the only source of info I had was the scores on ESPN.

the entire team came down with flu and lutz rented some high schoolers in the area who looked like our guys for the evening.

We don’t know what to do without a Halton crowd pumping us up.

I think it was Lucky that likes this explanation… They are a young team. Plain and simple.

We got away from what made us successful at home. Attack the basket, aggresive defense, control the tempo.

Zone defense is a *****

Over40,

We just couldn’t score down low. Wilderness has not been as strong the last two games.
People complain about our 3-point shooting, but we just don’t have anyone to score inside the arc.

The road is not going to be friendly to us this year.

Zone defense is a *****

Tulsa doesn’t play zone. They normally stick to a man to man every game all game.

Oh, and there is no logical explanation for why we lost to these two teams. In my opinion, it’s pretty uncalled for.

Tulsa doesn't play zone. They normally stick to a man to man every game all game.

Oh, and there is no logical explanation for why we lost to these two teams. In my opinion, it’s pretty uncalled for.

I read that Utter had said that they were in zone for most of the first half. I didnt here the game, so I dont know.

I do think that the zone has gave us fits in the Monmouth and Hofstra game. That and the fact that we forgot how to rebound.

I read that Utter had said that they were in zone for most of the first half. I didnt here the game, so I dont know.

I do think that the zone has gave us fits in the Monmouth and Hofstra game. That and the fact that we forgot how to rebound.

I was driving outside Charlotte at the time and I was listening to most of the first half before I lost reception. The announcers were talking about how Tulsa plays a tough man, and bc it was working that game, they probably wouldn’t change. I couldn’t see it, and announcers can be stupid, but I know that Tulsa’s coach likes to play man.

The explanation is simple…and someone should have pointed it out in this thread by now.

“The casual fan just doesn’t know how good these teams are”

Lot’s of us “casual” fans out here!

I didn’t have a chance to check out the Tulsa game, but the Hofstra game was lost because we regressed back to a couple of the bad habits from previous years. We did not continuously try to go to the basket and get high percentage shots, and settle for passing the ball around the perimeter and hoisting up three’s. Plus, we did not play the tough defense we started off the season playing.

i hope no one believes that casual fans dont understand how good these teams are. they are not good. go look at their schedule and the teams they lost to. these teams are not good. if we lost to a mediocre or even a bad team that had a good home court advantage i could live with it since this team may be learning to win on the road but there are not excuses for these losses.

It was ugly as described above. I’m sure you’ve remember the year we took Bama down and took the Diet Pepsi tournament championship. We also followed with a big win against top 20 Tennessee. Then we turned around lost to App State. May be it was just as simple as you shouldn’t have left town.

The explanation is simple...and someone should have pointed it out in this thread by now.

“The casual fan just doesn’t know how good these teams are”

i hope no one believes that casual fans dont understand how good these teams are. they are not good. go look at their schedule and the teams they lost to. these teams are not good. if we lost to a mediocre or even a bad team that had a good home court advantage i could live with it since this team may be learning to win on the road but there are not excuses for these losses.

It shocks me that there are people on this board who don’t get that joke.

[QUOTE=ninerID;278355]It shocks me that there are people on this board who don’t get that joke.[/QUOTE]

what joke…?

i thought they were good programs. or did i not get the memo again.

[QUOTE=ninerID;278355]It shocks me that there are people on this board who don’t get that joke.[/QUOTE]

For real, lol.

Can someone explain how we lost to Hoftra and Tulsa? I've been out of town and the only source of info I had was the scores on ESPN.
The average fan doesn't realize how good those two programs really are.:tongue:

[QUOTE=bball49er;278400]The average fan doesn’t realize how good those two programs really are.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

I think they’re clear Sweet 16 contenders if not Final 4.