Cannon and Vasic

Has anyone on here heard anything lately on the status of Vasic, Cannon or even Khalifa? I think Vasic and Cannon, in particular, could really help this team with additional, experienced depth.

2 Likes

We could definitely use more options. Especially on offense. Since this year doesn’t really count against a player’s eligibility it just doesn’t make sense not to play Cannon. I thought all waivers were already approved so I’m beginning to wonder if he didn’t even apply for a waiver or if something else is up. Vasic’s offense could also be a big help so I hope he is almost ready to play. It would be nice if someone had some insight into what is going on. The basketball staff seems to be much more tight lipped than the football staff.

1 Like

I’ll honestly be a little surprised it we see vasic this year. He has had two acl tears. You are actually still very prone to tearing your acl after a year. The acl is approaching full strength at a year but your bone density around the screws holding it in place are near their weakest levels. Rushing back because the knee stability feels good is why 1/3 of people that tear their acls tear them again.

If he plays this year we should restrict his minutes quite a bit and probably only use him when we need three point shooting. This year isn’t counting against him anyway so if we keep him healthy we get two more years out of him.

Someone mentioned that first semester grades might not be finalized yet? Maybe that’s the holdup on khalifa. I don’t understand the cannon situation at all.

1 Like