Carolina Panthers 2021

1 Like

One thing I noticed watching the game this past Sunday (why I’m still subjecting myself to bad football is another conversation) Neither Darnold or Cam do any adjustments at the line of scrimmage to call out blitzes or audibles. One play in particular a DB was on the line and didn’t even really hide he was blitzing and ended up not getting touched as he sacked Darnold!

Is this on the QB, the coach or the OL’s responsibility? I don’t know enough about NFL offensive line play to comment so I am hoping someone else might have some answers. I know when we had Kalil he used to call out blitzes all the time, the good QB’s in the league like Brady and Bree’s did also…

Seems like we just line up, hike the ball and hope for the best, and like NA just posted 7 sacks later… Something’s got to change, maybe all 3…

1 Like

I’m not enjoying these stats, but man are they eye opening.

I knew we were bad, but wow. This team ahs been a train wreck since Rhule took over.

Meant to respond to you…

I agree. We have to rebuild that OL. I am seriously tired of this organization, even before Rhule, not taking the OL seriously.

Rhule tried scripting quick hit plays for Darnold this past weekend and they worked more or less, early in the game. But it’s just not sustainable. And as soon as we have to have any type of pass protection, we’re exposed as having the worst OL in the NFL.

As much as I wanna address QB, we need OL first. I really like Pickett from Pitt. Damn shame we are we not in a position to take him. Think he is gonna be a really good pro. That kind of pick would be what it’s gonna take to reenergize a beleaguered fanbase. I don’t think the necessary OL upgrades are gonna create any electricity.

clt says Pickett has small hands

7 posts were split to a new topic: WFT Announcing new Name / Logo 2/2/22

Stolen from Twitter…

Our whole season in one picture?

20220105_141255

3 Likes

clt says the Panthers need to bring Larry, Nate and Alex home!

4 Likes
1 Like

This mock has Cats taking Liberty QB:

1 Like

Might as well keep cmc now. He will be bionic man after all his surgeries. With the cap going up every year, his cap salary % is effectively lowered. If he can get to playing 9 games, that will probably equal at least 7-2. He should be stretching more with Yoga like The Naj in Pittsburgh, instead of stretching the super model who will drop him anyway

I like CMC but his playing doesn’t equate to 7-2. RBs life span are very short. That’s why you don’t draft them high or give them huge ass contracts, if you’re smart that is….

1 Like

You get what you can from them on their rookie contracts

When healthy though, CMC is more than a typical RB…unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like he can stay healthy…of course as soon as the Panthers get rid of him, I have no doubt he will play every game for the next 3 or 4 years.

1 Like

Some other team will probably be smart enough to give him an oline and not run him between the tackles 20+ times a game.

2 Likes

Another good piece on Mixon:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article256969992.html

Mixon is pretty good, but I have always preferred Bill Rosinski

4 Likes