Carolina Panthers 2021

This draft really is going to come down to if Christensen belongs in the NFL, if he can be even a serviceable tackle for us in the next few years the 2021 draft will look good, if he’s a bust like Little is turning out to be this wasn’t a good draft…

We went from a GM that I don’t think knew how to pick up the phone and make a trade to one that was crazy crazy trade happy… there just didn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of it…

1 Like

I was not blown away by their trades. They were really bad in 2020, and some of their swaps were meh, or 2022 payoffs. Horn should he great. A nice tough tight end add

Should have kept the early 2nd round pick and took Tevon Jenkins, he is nasty and mean Olineman.

Yeah trading down 7 spots on a B player for getting 20 spots higher C player… how does that math compute. No one will know for 3-5 years until you look at what you picked and what you could have picked. You gotta wait and see if the teams draft board is smarter than Mel kipper

With all the picks that don’t pan out I’m gonna assume it’s not as easy as the fantasy football draft.

Are the panthers getting a bunch of young guys to grow while still being bad another year to get some early picks next year? Along with the cap, I’d be interested in knowing the in depth strategy. How many X avg guys at whatever positions making X dollars while paying X numbers of guys at X position this amount.

A nasty talented huge tackle is a pick that will always make your offense better

I really like rb Chuba Hubbard. He is small, but quick. I could see CMac and Hubbard on the field at the same time, occasionally, being potentially scary for oppositions.

1 Like

Was a pleasant surprise to see Benny LeMay doing what he does for the colts yesterday. Was there a mention of the Charlotte kid doing good in the “Charlotte “ paper? Nope. Since he didn’t go to crapple hole, not a word.

3 Likes

Looks like a costly win for the Cats with injuries to CMC and Jaycee Horn. Ugh!

1.800.CALL.BENNY

Lemay can help…time to get Healy, Rhule and Benny on a 3-way Zoom!!!

3 Likes

Good that the locals are 3-0, but really they should be with the opponents they have had. Jets, NO with much of that team sidelined, and tonight against a rookie QB. Now they get Dallas on 10 days rest with the Cowboys getting 6 days rest if I heard the upcoming schedule correctly.

New Orleans was missing more coaches than players… I think that was a quality W. Any NFL road W is also quality by default. I think the Jets game was the holding serve W.

I am encouraged by this defense. What it lacks in bulk and power it makes up for in speed, athleticism and flexibility. That Horn injury really hurts though. He is going to miss several games. Changes how they have to defend and I think we will see more of a bend don’t break approach without him, which stinks. I love aggressive, swarming, attacking defenses.

CMC was the motor for the offense. The timing belt, the low gear, and the high gear. If he is hurt for any length of time, the already only partially performing offense gets put entirely on Sam Darnolds arm and decisions, and he just isn’t there yet. Despite winning, 3 games, he has left a bunch of points on the field with bad decisions in 2 of the 3 games so far (he played well vs NO).

Panthers need CMC and JH back ASAP if they wanna reach their potential. They aren’t the same team on either side of the ball without those guys.

As for Benny… Hell yeah I’d call him. I don’t know who else is out there, but I believe in his ability to get you hard earned yards and hold onto the ball. I don’t have that faith in Hubbard. I don’t think Hubbard is anywhere near an every down NFL back. He reminds me of so many 3rd down scat backs before him. So there’s a huge hole there. Benny might not be complete either, but he balances Chubbas weaknesses I think. He’s just much more physical in the run game and probably in blocking as well. Maybe there are better options available, but I’d give him a serious look.

clt says horn has broken foot per rap on gmfb

also, kay adams is wearing the darnold drawing panther shirt

Guess there’s some consolation for CMC:

Hopefully CMC knows what he is doing. Several professional athletes in the QC have been exploited by older chicks recently.

Too much information, :slightly_smiling_face: