Caylin Newton

Most family members arenā€™t going to sign up to pay for recruiting discussions in most cases I suspect.

If not behind a paywall then on a board you canā€™t access without a certain post count. We donā€™t need recruits and their families/friends reading some of us talking junk about their stats. Hurts our reputation on the recruiting trail.

1 Like

We should probably have a mod lock this thread as well as other recruiting talk so that only users can see it for the time being, no guests.

I didnā€™t talk any junk about his stats. I just posted them and compared it to his brotherā€™s. I didnā€™t say anything bad about this kid. I showed how great his brother was in college and to leave the name out of it. The excitement stems from the name.

Who is talking junk?

Have you ever in your life heard a recruit say I didnā€™t go to that school because of their message board?

ā€œI narrowed it down to Auburn and Georgia. Ultimately UGA had a better message board. Their posters had a lot of posts which obviously means they are a smarter crowd.ā€

Posting stats of a QB like Caylin Newton without listing his rushing stats is like trying to talk about Nixon but failing to mention watergate.

Year Team G Rush Yds Yd/Rush TDs Rec Yds Yd/Rec TDs
2017 Howard 11 166 753 4.5 12 0 0 - 0
2018 Howard 10 156 504 3.2 4 0 0 - 0
2019 Howard 4 58 61 1.1 1 0 0 - 0
Career 25 380 1318 3.5 17 0 0 - 0

Happy? Sorry I missed it.

clt says we have a sec level chat page

1 Like

Poor guy tooK 18 sacks in four games this season.
65 in three seasons.

Reynolds is averaging 4.7 yards per rush this season.

Likely just rushes for loss that qualified as sacks since he is a QB.

Before you call him a quitter you may want to read this

1 Like

I read it. He quit for whatever reason.

If you make the allegation then you should put your name on it so it can be investigated.

He quit after 4 because the new transfer rules let him. Sit part of a year, graduate and keep two years of eligibility without additional sit out. Brilliant if you ask me.

Call him a quitter if you want but if he can play at a higher level, he played the rules well.

Iā€™ve tried to make this point countless times.

my post above was a reply to 49er Football concerning negative comments concerning recruits.

no one wants to pay to read comments from other dudes aged 20-60(Iā€™m guessing). Itā€™s not like thereā€™s crazy valuable information in here.

1 Like

I for one trust this staff and am happy that we are possibly taking a chance on Caylin. Some of you are acting as if we have already promised him the starting spot over Reynolds, when in reality Iā€™m not even sure we have offered the kid a scholly yet. He was a three start recruit and his highlights from HS are really impressive. Maybe he didnā€™t have monster numbers at Howard bc the scheme didnā€™t fit him, or maybe it was the crazy coach, or maybe the O line was terrible. Either way Iā€™m thinking we should calm down and give this staff the benefit of the doubt on recruiting until they give us a reason not to.

1 Like

Why not recruit him and see what he can do? Whatā€™s the worst that can happen? He becomes our second stringer?

Regarding fan forums, most if not all schools have them and you get a wide range of people talking about current, former, and potential future players. If a player or a family member of a player canā€™t handle what some fan says on a chat page, they canā€™t handle the pressures of playing collegiate sports. It is not like these comments are coming from the coaches and every coach has to deal with fan opinions as well.