CBSSportsline Power Rankings

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/top25

Somebody at CBS loves us. Charlotte is ranked 19th in front of…

#20 NC State
#23 Duke
#25 Maryland
:eek:

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 09:58 AM [b] [url=http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/top25]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/top25[/url]

Somebody at CBS loves us… [/b]

…and his name is Gregg Doyel.

I guess that massive win over Pfeiffer has given us huge amounts of street cred. :stuck_out_tongue:

Niner advocates - national media:

Andy Katz (ESPN)
Gregg Doyel (CBSSportsline)
Jay Bilas (ESPN)

:thumbsup:

I thought Doyel was an ACC Homer?

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 10:27 AM [b] I thought Doyel was an ACC Homer? [/b]
Only when he worked for the Observer.
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 10:27 AM [b] I thought Doyel was an ACC Homer? [/b]
Doyel used to be the ACC beat writer for the Observer and was based in Raleigh. For the past year, he has been a senior writer for Sportsline.com and now lives in Cincinnati. And, FWIW, he is a University of Florida grad.

OMG, they have Charlotte ahead of us!!! Those guys should be shot on sight. How could they do such a thing? :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 11:51 AM [b] OMG, they have Charlotte ahead of us!!! Those guys should be shot on sight. How could they do such a thing? :rolleyes: [/b]
Maybe we were just ranked higher because we are Charlotte.

:smiley:

[b]I guess that massive win over Pfeiffer has given us huge amounts of street cred.[/b]

I bet it did Phiffer is without question much better than christan brothers, and memphis only beat them by 9.

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Nov 10 2004, 11:51 AM [b] OMG, they have Charlotte ahead of us!!! Those guys should be shot on sight. How could they do such a thing? :rolleyes: [/b]
It must be rough being a Duke fan in Charlotte. I mean the Niners get ALL the respect. All you ever hear about on TV in Charlotte and read about in the local papers is C-USA this, C-USA that. I mean when is the ACC going to get some love. There are five ACC teams in the carolinas, yet the media never gives them any respect. I know ACC coaches must hate trying to recruit in state players with a powerhouse program like Charlotte right down the road. The ACC will just never get its due respect, next year it will be A10 this and A10 that, once again overshadowing the not-so-bad ACC.

:smiley:

I don’t live in Charlotte but I understand your guys complaints. Charlotte does deserve more. I live in the RTP and I would love to see some Charlotte games on TV, so I can imagine how much of a beeeatch it is living in Charlotte and not getting to see your own team much and having crappy newspaper coverage.

Is there another city in the country this big where the hometeam is so consistantly good, yet so consistantly dogged?

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 09:23 AM [b] I don't live in Charlotte but I understand your guys complaints. Charlotte does deserve more. I live in the RTP and I would love to see some Charlotte games on TV, so I can imagine how much of a beeeatch it is living in Charlotte and not getting to see your own team much and having crappy newspaper coverage. [/b]
ElDuke, if you have TW Digital, you can see 7 games on C-SET, plus two ESPN national games. Two of the C-SET games are ESPN Regional games.

Niners take over the Carolinas on C-SET!!! :thumbsup:

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Nov 11 2004, 09:23 AM [b] I don't live in Charlotte but I understand your guys complaints. Charlotte does deserve more. I live in the RTP and I would love to see some Charlotte games on TV, so I can imagine how much of a beeeatch it is living in Charlotte and not getting to see your own team much and having crappy newspaper coverage. [/b]
With statements like that, you're very welcome to hang around for a while.

B)

the hardcopy cbssportsline has a nice q&a with curtis as well…not sure if it was doyel or not…now we must win early to continue to support those that gave us some preseason respect…