CFI Thank-You

I just wanted to send out a big thank you to all the members past and present of The Charlotte Football Intiative. It was over 2 years ago that we first met and discussed what we would need to do to make football a reality. Numerous things were discussed, how USF did it, why we havenā€™t done it, disproving past rumors of why we havenā€™t, the numbers involved, tactics we should use, etc. We talked about the charlotte football website and it happened. We talked about making pledges on the website as a source of showing support and it happened. We talked about car stickers and it happened. We talked about making tshirts and we did that. We talked about creating a student base of CFI and it happened. We talked about making mini-footballs and we did it. We talked about a football rally on campus and it happened. Here we stand on a HUGE day for this school and her supporters. When we first met I wanted football, and hoped that in time we could help bring it to be. With that said I was still not sold on the fact that we could really make it happen, that we could succeed where so many others had failed. On this day, a mere 2 years later we can stand victorious and say that we helped make this happen and I just wanted to take a moment to say thank-you.

Our job is not done though - it is just getting started! GO NINERS!

I just wanted to send out a big thank you to all the members past and present of The Charlotte Football Intiative. It was over 2 years ago that we first met and discussed what we would need to do to make football a reality. Numerous things were discussed, how USF did it, why we haven't done it, disproving past rumors of why we haven't, the numbers involved, tactics we should use, etc. We talked about the charlotte football website and it happened. We talked about making pledges on the website as a source of showing support and it happened. We talked about car stickers and it happened. We talked about making tshirts and we did that. We talked about creating a student base of CFI and it happened. We talked about making mini-footballs and we did it. We talked about a football rally on campus and it happened. Here we stand on a HUGE day for this school and her supporters. When we first met I wanted football, and hoped that in time we could help bring it to be. With that said I was still not sold on the fact that we could really make it happen, that we could succeed where so many others had failed. On this day, a mere 2 years later we can stand victorious and say that we helped make this happen and I just wanted to take a moment to say thank-you.

Our job is not done though - it is just getting started! GO NINERS!

good post.

CFI people are heroes to the university! MAJOR PROPS to everyone involved.:49ers:

[QUOTE=action49er;359668]CFI people are heroes to the university! MAJOR PROPS to everyone involved.:49ers:[/QUOTE]

QFT!!!

NinerWupAss is the one who convinced me we could get football somewhere between 5-8 years ago is when I started to believe. Before that, I thought we never would have the Admin. & Athletic Dept. get on board with ending our Community College status in ACC country.
I liked the CFI meetings, & I liked meeting all of you. Weā€™ll have to find a designated driver in 2013 because Iā€™ll probably be drinking green beer. Unless Iā€™m married by then, then I probably wonā€™t be able to do anything, & Iā€™ll have to be civilized at the game.

Wowā€¦ its happenedā€¦

[SIZE=6][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]WELCOME TO THE GRIDIRON NINERS![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just felt appropriate to bump this on this historical day.

Indeed. Great job to everybody.

We did it. Not only did we bring football. But on this night we brought a bowl teamā€¦

6 Likes

So excited to see this program grow from 12 of us in a room at Hickory Tavern to bowl eligibility. We arenā€™t done yet! We are still just getting started!

4 Likes