Chancellor Jim Woodward

The University sent it to me. I assumed it was available. Check the bookstore, I bet they have it.[/quote]
I made some inquiries last night and found out the university doesn’t sell the book. However, I was able to acquire a copy, so if somebody wants to read it, I’m willing to loan it out during football season, just promise to return it by the next game.[/quote]

Thanks for offering but I’m a slow reader. 8)

Any word on when this book will be available for us commoners to purchase?

The University sent it to me. I assumed it was available. Check the bookstore, I bet they have it.[/quote]
I made some inquiries last night and found out the university doesn’t sell the book. However, I was able to acquire a copy, so if somebody wants to read it, I’m willing to loan it out during football season, just promise to return it by the next game.[/quote]

Thanks for offering but I’m a slow reader. 8)

Any word on when this book will be available for us commoners to purchase?[/quote]
My understanding is that they don’t intend to sell it publicly.

The library has it on the 10th floor in special collections. Doesn’t shock me that the university doesn’t want to sell a book about them.

clt says this is the u.

The latest story is that she fought 3 chancellors to get football for us. We are so lucky to have her.

A trend was starting across America where schools without football programs were becoming irrelevant, and Rose did not want the 49ers to fade into the background. After trying to convince three different chancellors to add the new sport, Philip Dubois finally greenlighted the project and the pigskin made its way to the Queen City.

https://ninertimes.com/2017/08/life-through-rose-colored-glasses/[/quote]

Such a gigantic load of complete bullshit. This s*** is why I have high blood pressure. It is an out right lie in one case.[/quote]
I agree, that right there is utter bullshit. Kathleen has a class with me and I’m gonna ask her if she actually knows how Charlotte football came about because she obviously doesn’t if she printed that load of garbage.

The latest story is that she fought 3 chancellors to get football for us. We are so lucky to have her.

A trend was starting across America where schools without football programs were becoming irrelevant, and Rose did not want the 49ers to fade into the background. After trying to convince three different chancellors to add the new sport, Philip Dubois finally greenlighted the project and the pigskin made its way to the Queen City.

Such a gigantic load of complete bullshit. This s*** is why I have high blood pressure. It is an out right lie in one case.[/quote]
I agree, that right there is utter bullshit. Kathleen has a class with me and I’m gonna ask her if she actually knows how Charlotte football came about because she obviously doesn’t if she printed that load of garbage.[/quote]

We know how. CFI pressured them to address it. Mac Everett lead the committee and once it looked like all the winds had changed Judy was all for it.

Tell her to ask one of us if she doesn’t know this.

I’ll send her to Sammy’s and have her talk to you! If I write for the Niner Times I’m gonna do a feature on the Normbulance…so stay tuned

Awesome! Sounds good!

I agree, that right there is utter bullshit. Kathleen has a class with me and I’m gonna ask her if she actually knows how Charlotte football came about because she obviously doesn’t if she printed that load of garbage.[/quote]

We know how. CFI pressured them to address it. Mac Everett lead the committee and once it looked like all the winds had changed Judy was all for it.

Tell her to ask one of us if she doesn’t know this.[/quote]

You know damn well that Judy would have given the credit to CFI if this were true. Instead, she took the credit, so she must be the one that brought us football.

:frowning:

Just realized Bill Jeffers the author of Woodward’s book is a Charlotte Catholic HS grad. Being a fellow Catholic grad myself I’m glad that the person writing it came from the Charlotte area and saw firsthand the growth of the university.
Also was told he is working on a book for Dubois too.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:30, topic:31031”]Just realized Bill Jeffers the author of Woodward’s book is a Charlotte Catholic HS grad. Being a fellow Catholic grad myself I’m glad that the person writing it came from the Charlotte area and saw firsthand the growth of the university.
Also was told he is working on a book for Dubois too.[/quote]
He works for the library currently, Public Historian. https://library.uncc.edu/atkins/intranetdirectory

[quote=“emf, post:31, topic:31031”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:30, topic:31031”]Just realized Bill Jeffers the author of Woodward’s book is a Charlotte Catholic HS grad. Being a fellow Catholic grad myself I’m glad that the person writing it came from the Charlotte area and saw firsthand the growth of the university.
Also was told he is working on a book for Dubois too.[/quote]
He works for the library currently, Public Historian. https://library.uncc.edu/atkins/intranetdirectory[/quote]

Joseph Nicholson is a great example of the difference between working for the state and working for a for-profit business. I am glad he found his niche. Fly your freak flag Joe!

clt is also writing a book about stuff.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:33, topic:31031”]clt is also writing a book about stuff.[/quote] Will clt have a book signing and autograph each with the word “clt”?

As in “To Joe Blow, Thanks for buying my book. Clt”

[quote=“4ever niner, post:34, topic:31031”][quote=“ghostofclt, post:33, topic:31031”]clt is also writing a book about stuff.[/quote] Will clt have a book signing and autograph each with the word “clt”?

As in “To Joe Blow, Thanks for buying my book. Clt”[/quote]

clt would say " clt thanks you for the book purchase, joe blow".

While there is the Jim Valvano who is remembered for leading NC State to an improbable NCAA title in 1983 and for his valiant fight against cancer, there is also the Jimmy V who was stripped of his AD role in 1989, followed by his ouster as coach in 1990, after the Wolfpack was placed on a 2-year probation for over 600 violations of players selling shoes and game tix. That led to the UNC System-wide prohibition against an AD also holding a coaching position.

I can totally get on board with the line of reason that this is all NC States fault- without their criminal behavior, we wouldn’t have Judy Rose.

While there is the Jim Valvano who is remembered for leading NC State to an improbable NCAA title in 1983 and for his valiant fight against cancer, there is also the Jimmy V who was stripped of his AD role in 1989, followed by his ouster as coach in 1990, after the Wolfpack was placed on a 2-year probation for over 600 violations of players selling shoes and game tix. That led to the UNC System-wide prohibition against an AD also holding a coaching position.[/quote]

Don’t forget point shaving

The university has a copy in their “rare books” room on the 10th floor of the library. Currently sitting here reading Ch 2 on the Master Plan of 1995 and very interesting that they explicitly put "No football stadium shall be constructed on property owned by the university"
I was not around at that time obviously, was Woodward very against football? Looks like he put that in there to deflect any want for a football team pointing to the master plan.
Anyone with insight on this?

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:39, topic:31031”]The university has a copy in their “rare books” room on the 10th floor of the library. Currently sitting here reading Ch 2 on the Master Plan of 1995 and very interesting that they explicitly put "No football stadium shall be constructed on property owned by the university"
I was not around at that time obviously, was Woodward very against football? Looks like he put that in there to deflect any want for a football team pointing to the master plan.
Anyone with insight on this?[/quote]

Woodward was neither pro-football nor anti-football. It literally wasn’t on his agenda one way or another. He left it up to the AD. He wasn’t going to stand in the way, but he wasn’t going to champion the cause. The master plan didn’t have a football stadium because Woodward wasn’t pro-football.