Charlotte @ 2021 C-USA Tournament 3/10-13

I thought that about Young too,but to be honest— Young seems like he has checked out more than anyone. I’m amazed at how many layups he has missed in recent games. I think i saw him miss atleast 6-7 point blank tonight. I’m sick of this trash basketball program.

Playing Matos over Brice is the worst. For a senior, I see zero leadership from him, makes poor choices on the floor, not a great defender, and doesn’t bring much on offense…honestly don’t see where he has earned the minutes he gets, especially when Brice comes off the bench. I will be surprised if either Brice or Young stay with the program but really hope both of them give it another shot. Garcia as well, he doesn’t seem like he’s gotten a fair shake

I halfway watched the game tonight and when Matos didn’t play help D on Garcia’s guy, let him get a wide open layup even though he was in position to help, and then threw his hands up at Garcia…that was terrible for a senior to show up Garcia, who is still learning, that way and Sanchez should have benched him right then and there.

All that to say, just one example from one game, but Sanchez has to go. Body language from our best players says it all.

2 Likes

This team checked out a long time ago. Three seasons in the book with RS and I feel nothing but fatigue and embarrassment.

I will never understand playing Rissetto as much as he does when Garcia is so much better

End the season losing 9 straight by an avg score of 72-61. Not good,

2 Likes

FWIW, not sure MEAC is going to have enough teams to qualify for the Big Dance with all the recent defections, including NC A&T to the Big South.

Tourneys are a totally different game, it is about being physical, rebounding ,playing with fire and an emotional edge.

For example, if you get down early play full court press for a few possessions (understanding with their guards they can easily break it), maybe get in a players head on the other team, get a bench technical, something…

My only questions left.

Were the guys at the lake house on the Airbnb gay??

Was UTSA Coach a Wresting Promoter before coaching or in a previous lifetime?

What is the over under on the transfer portal?

Answer 3 and line rising.

Well, I did get a good laugh when the announcers started talking about how Jackson had led the league in scoring 3 years in a row and how that was impressive because of all the good players in CUSA. Color guy invoked the name of Dwayne Wade. I think his last year at Marquette was 2005, which, if my math is right is more than 3 years ago. Excellent preparation, guys.

Actually it was 2003. Time flies!

A&T is moving to the Big South effective 7/1/21. The MEAC will have enough schools to keep its basketball bid, but football will be at 6 or 7 schools. There a couple of MEAC schools which do not play football.

Correct. It was baseball I was thinking of - will be down to four schools in that sport.

No one is serious about joining the MEAC. We are all disappointed that our program has fallen this far. However, I am certain the UNC system would like to see us continue to move down. They want to remove any competition against Chapel Hill. We are considered a threat to them due to our potential.

1 Like

MEAC is our last chance and then we just go down to D2. We may be able to beat Catawba College.

Losing 9 straight to CUSA competition proves this conference is too challenging for this team.

1 Like

2 Likes

What a treat to play a team you beat twice, both in OT. On the positive side, we should be fresh and they have already played twice.

Well, game three goes into OT too. Let’s go Ladies!

1 Like

Crazy! Go Niners!!!

Double OT! It is great to see a 49er team that wants to win.