Charlotte 49ers Back to Back A10 Baseball Champs!

:49ers:

Go Niners!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Boiii!

[SIZE=7]AWESOME:49ers:[/SIZE]

Awesome awesome awesome!!! GO GET EM BOYS!!! NCAA BABY!!!

Oh man this totally made my week!! YES!!!

The 49ers have outscored their past five opponents in tournament play by a 68-17 margin.
[B] Cincinnati Pre-Game Article:[/B] [URL]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080524/SPT0101/805240380/1064[/URL] [B] Charlotte Observer Pre-Game Article:[/B] [URL]http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/638333.html[/URL]

Yermal, McLain, Pierce, Stahl, Hagen, Hamilton = DIRTY

This is getting old. NOT!!!

Unless the A-10 starts to make more of a commitment to baseball, this should happen every Memorial Day weekend for many years to come.

Lyerly named MVP. Didn’t he transfer from Campbell? Sort of ironic this tournament was played on “Campbell” Field.

We’ll soon have a dilemma on our hands… Where to put all the “banners”??? Space is getting tighter on the left field fence with the existing banners and the advirtisements.

my thoughts…awesome awesome awesome

Hibbs 4th NCAA- 93, 98, 07, 08

we should be a 3 seed

I hope we get a close regional

The A10 tourny needs to be here next year

The A10 tourny needs to be here next year

Cmon Metro, you know better than that. How is that going to work with the CocaCola 600 being in town the same week?

Cmon Metro, you know better than that. How is that going to work with the CocaCola 600 being in town the same week?
the Metro tourny was here, huge crowd too

they want it here (admin) its just a matter of the A10 coaches being afraid

the Metro tourny was here, huge crowd too

they want it here (admin) its just a matter of the A10 coaches being afraid

I agree… we already own them in NJ, or wherever the hell they want it, the last thing they would want to do is actually play it on our home field. Let them build the uptown stadium and try and get it there.

The coca cola 600 being here that weekend could help. People stay in town between the all star race and the 600 and look for stuff to do during the day on weekdays. Saturday might be a hard draw, but the rest of the tournament might not be.

Just looked at the box score. 288 people saw today’s championship game.

It’s be great here in Charlotte. Need to work out the hotel situation though. We talked about htis before, the dorms will be empty this time of year.

Chamionship game needs to be on TV too. I watched college baseball all day today while nursing a hangover. ACC, SEC, Big East, and MVC Tourneys were some of the games on TV today.

Championship t-shirt…

http://atlantic10.teamfanshop.com/COLLEGE_UNC_Charlotte_49ers_T-Shirts/UNC_Charlotte_49ers_2008_Atlantic_10_Conference_Baseball_Tournament_Champions_White_T-shirt

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;321204]The coca cola 600 being here that weekend could help. People stay in town between the all star race and the 600 and look for stuff to do during the day on weekdays. Saturday might be a hard draw, but the rest of the tournament might not be.[/QUOTE]

IT COULD BE DONE.

a little creative scheduling would be needed. Don’t play on Saturday of race weekend, just finish it on Friday.

Speed Street gives people something to kill some time during time between All Star race & 600. IF THE TOURNEY WAS MARKETED CORRECTLY and didn’t overlap the major NASCAR events (truck race, all star race, nationwide race & 600), there are some discretionary dollars available to grab.

Since they played at a independant league stadium (I think) in NJ this week, I wonder if they (the other schools &/or the conference) would force it to Kannapolis perhaps.

Anyone know if the A-10 baseball tourney has ever been held on a campus site?

The one drawback would be lodging (seems like a real ****load of NASCAR folks everywhere), but I think are options. Wonder if the conference could be sold on using the on campus dorms?

[URL=http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/052408aac.html][/URL]

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;321208]

The one drawback would be lodging (seems like a real ****load of NASCAR folks everywhere), but I think are options. Wonder if the conference could be sold on using the on campus dorms?[/QUOTE]

Doubt the school would want to do that. They would have to furnish rooms with sheets, televisions, towels etc in order to entice people to want to stay there.