Charlotte 49ers Baseball vs. St. Bonaventure

Iā€™ll be out there tonight instead of tomorrow, but I do want to join you for a tailgate.

BTW, the April 17th Spring football tailgate is 3 weeks from tomorrow!

Anyone know if the game will be called off due to rain?

A little off topic but baseball related. Just saw this:

Baseball: Bring your walkman/FM radio to the ballpark the rest of the season, tune into 87.7FM, listen to LIVE play-by-play from you seat

How large is the signal for 87.7 FM? Would be nice if we could keep this going thru basketball season.

Very nice for those that like listening to play by play at the game and even for those that just want to drowned out the uh huh guy.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:20, topic:22850ā€]So how many do we have for tailgating tomorrow? I will try to get out there around 12 with a box of Bojangles and some cold beverages. I donā€™t want to be drinking by myself now.[/quote]Iā€™m in favor of tailgating tomorrow.

Dramatic win for the Niners tonight in the bottom of the 10th. Pitching needs to step it up.

To the students who came out to the stadium, collected your free t-shirt and then left before the first pitch: You are pathetic. You need to get your heads out of your a55es and get with the program. And donā€™t tell me that you all had to get to work but still wanted a t-shirt. Clowns.

I saw a bunch of people leave after the first inning or 2. I got there around 5:20 and there were only a few shirts left. There were A LOT of people trying to get a shirt and leave.

Yeah. Assholes.

Yeah. Assholes.[/quote] Maybe they will at least wear their free tee shirts instead of some other schoolā€™s stuff. I got there about 6 and from the number of tee shirts I saw in the crowd, there had to have been quite a few already out the door.

not everybody wore them. I didnā€™t.

I didnā€™t get oneā€¦ :frowning:

Who shows up for a free shirt and then leaves? Really?

It doesnā€™t even make senseā€¦

[quote=ā€œ49or bust, post:32, topic:22850ā€]Who shows up for a free shirt and then leaves? Really?

It doesnā€™t even make senseā€¦[/quote]

Have you forgot how silly people can be? I saw a couple of dudes decked out in tarhole gears holding the Charlotte replica jersey T-shirts. They left when the rain picked up ā€œsportingā€ tarhole umbrella. If they really came out for the T-shirt . . .we may have ourselves a few future Wal-Mart Niners. ;D

I was one of those with their heads in their butts. I go to a lot of the games, but I couldnā€™t stay long for this one; I still wanted the shirt. I stayed for the first inning and then had to peace.

It was kind of a lame move, but I really wanted the shirt. Hate on.

[quote=ā€œsreniN, post:34, topic:22850ā€]I was one of those with their heads in their butts. I go to a lot of the games, but I couldnā€™t stay long for this one; I still wanted the shirt. I stayed for the first inning and then had to peace.

It was kind of a lame move, but I really wanted the shirt. Hate on.[/quote]
Nah, that sounds fine to me. I was thinking more of someone showing up just for the shirt and leaving with no excuse. Just seems stupid.

[quote=ā€œsreniN, post:34, topic:22850ā€]I was one of those with their heads in their butts. I go to a lot of the games, but I couldnā€™t stay long for this one; I still wanted the shirt. I stayed for the first inning and then had to peace.

It was kind of a lame move, but I really wanted the shirt. Hate on.[/quote]

If you stayed the first inning u stayed bout an hourā€¦
I only stayed through 5 but I got there right b4 the game

Even taking into consideration the people who got one and left I find it hard to believe that 500 were given out. Maybe after the AD got theirs, and the team, and I dont know who else - there were maybe 350 given.

Niners Sweep first A-10 series of the year!!

I was there for the 1st game yesterday and Pilkington had a solid outing. Looks like our pitching might be coming around for conference play.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=363421&SPID=44796&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=204917478

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:38, topic:22850ā€]Niners Sweep first A-10 series of the year!!

I was there for the 1st game yesterday and Pilkington had a solid outing. Looks like our pitching might be coming around for conference play.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=363421&SPID=44796&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=204917478[/quote]Yep. I think this team is starting to show some major potential. Theyā€™re a fun team to watch too. And out stadium is as good of a place as you can find anywhere to watch a college baseball game.

I recommend EVERY NINER catch at least one game this year.

St. Bonaventure was still in town today. Talked to a few of them at Concord Mills today while they were shopping. Good group of guys, said they liked the Charlotte area a lot.