Charlotte art proffesor designs new nickel

Good to see Charlotte getting some run in the National media!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/04/jefferson…n.ap/index.html

Jamie Franki’s gonna get famous for sure… second design for him on a US nickel. He designed the rear image of the bison on a coin released last year.

Solid work…

Now if Franki can get Norm on the front of a gold dollar…

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 09:49 AM [b] Now if Franki can get Norm on the front of a gold dollar.... [/b]
Show me the Niner nickel:

B)

I can’t believe the national media got the school’s name right. Amazing.

I like what they’ve done with the new nickels, but I wonder why they haven’t had new designs for the other coins…they need to hurry up and get Reagan on something.

good work, I kinda like the front of last years nickel better though.

Reagan on something??? :huh: :o

I heard that a professor at NC State made an attempt to design a new nickel. It was rejected when they found out vending machines had trouble with 5 pennies taped together.

Nice work!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Reagan on something would be great but what about Ric Flair…Wooooooooo!!!

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 01:42 PM [b] they need to hurry up and get Reagan on something.

[/b]

He got a boat!

[i]Originally posted by louisiana_niner[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 03:35 PM [b] I heard that a professor at NC State made an attempt to design a new nickel. It was rejected when they found out vending machines had trouble with 5 pennies taped together. [/b]
Quality.
[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 11:33 AM [b] I can't believe the national media got the school's name right. Amazing. [/b]
clt says they still put the fahqing dash in there. it would have been great to read university of charlotte art professor.

I am so proud of being a 49er!!!