Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 17

Went 1-3 last week. Nice win over VCU on a walk off HR by Corbin Shive. The Liberty game never happened due to the weather. We really needed to get a couple of wins against MTSU and they didn’t materialize. Friday appeared to be our best chance after we erased a 6 run deficit with a 2 run homer from Logan Scherer and a grand slam by TJ Nichting. However, we gave the lead back with sloppy defense.

This week we’ll take on Rider mid-week and host ECU at The Hayes this weekend.

Charlotte 3-13-1 (0-6)
RPI: 237
SOS: 73

C-USA RPI: 10th

Upcoming games:
Wednesday vs Rider at 6 pm. 3-12 RPI: 249
Friday: vs ECU at 6 pm. 10-10 (3-3) RPI 125
Saturday: vs ECU at 2 pm.
Sunday: vs ECU at 1 pm.

Hopefully the weather will be good this weekend for tailgating. It will be interesting to see how much purple there is in the stands. If you were thinking about making it to a game, this would be a good weekend to make the trip.

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:1, topic:28704”]Went 1-3 last week. Nice win over VCU on a walk off HR by Corbin Shive. The Liberty game never happened due to the weather. We really needed to get a couple of wins against MTSU and they didn’t materialize. Friday appeared to be our best chance after we erased a 6 run deficit with a 2 run homer from Logan Scherer and a grand slam by TJ Nichting. However, we gave the lead back with sloppy defense.

Charlotte 2-13-1 (0-6)

Upcoming games:

Hopefully the weather will be good this weekend for tailgating. It will be interesting to see how much purple there is in the stands. If you were thinking about making it to a game, this would be a good weekend to make the trip.[/quote]
Alum, we’re actually 3-13-1.

[quote=“919R, post:2, topic:28704”][quote=“49erAlumnus, post:1, topic:28704”]Went 1-3 last week. Nice win over VCU on a walk off HR by Corbin Shive. The Liberty game never happened due to the weather. We really needed to get a couple of wins against MTSU and they didn’t materialize. Friday appeared to be our best chance after we erased a 6 run deficit with a 2 run homer from Logan Scherer and a grand slam by TJ Nichting. However, we gave the lead back with sloppy defense.

Charlotte 2-13-1 (0-6)

Upcoming games:

Hopefully the weather will be good this weekend for tailgating. It will be interesting to see how much purple there is in the stands. If you were thinking about making it to a game, this would be a good weekend to make the trip.[/quote]
Alum, we’re actually 3-13-1.[/quote]

You are correct, sir. I have corrected the error. We don’t have enough wins for me to take any away, lol!

ECU was going through some struggles but took 2 of 3 from Tulane this past weekend.

They will surely be bringing a crowd with them to the Hayes.

Today’s game with Rider has been cancelled.

The weather has really wreaked havoc on the schedule this season. Having to cancel games sucks. Is it Spring yet?

The weather has really wreaked havoc on the schedule this season. Having to cancel games sucks. Is it Spring yet?[/quote]

Look on the bright side, a game we don’t play is a game we can’t lose!

Dangit…every game that has been cancelled seems to be the ones that look the most “winnable”… :frowning:

The weather has really wreaked havoc on the schedule this season. Having to cancel games sucks. Is it Spring yet?[/quote]

Look on the bright side, a game we don’t play is a game we can’t lose![/quote]

True, but I liked our chances today, lol.

Dangit…every game that has been cancelled seems to be the ones that look the most “winnable”… :([/quote]

Unfortunately, I’m not sure we should look at any game or series as winnable this year. Wasn’t MTSU 5-11 when we played them?

Dangit…every game that has been cancelled seems to be the ones that look the most “winnable”… :([/quote]

You’ve noticed that too, huh?

Look on the bright side, a game we don’t play is a game we can’t lose![/quote]

True, but I liked our chances today, lol.[/quote]

Yep. Rider is not a good team. We could have used today to hopefully build some confidence that we desperately need. I hope they can at least practice today.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure we should look at any game or series as winnable this year. Wasn’t MTSU 5-11 when we played them?[/quote]

This is a message board, PB. You’re going to have to take your logic and rationale elsewhere.

Charlotte sports suck.

That better?

[quote=“Powerbait, post:14, topic:28704”]Charlotte sports suck.

That better?[/quote]

Could still use a little work, but you’re getting there. :wink:

Marketing department going all out for this big in-state rivalry weekend.

Three Game Series vs. East Carolina: • Friday, March 21 - 6pm: GREENOUT! Green and white pom-pom giveaway • Saturday, March 22 - 2pm: WHITEOUT! • Sunday, March 23 - 1pm

Unfortunately, I’m not sure we should look at any game or series as winnable this year. Wasn’t MTSU 5-11 when we played them?[/quote]
Nah, not true…looking back the only games that were almost UNwinnable this season so far were the FIU games. We have been competitive in MOST of the other games.

Nah, not true…looking back the only games that were almost UNwinnable this season so far were the FIU games. We have been competitive in MOST of the other games.[/quote]

Sure, but we’re also not winning games we could or should.

Thus far, this has not been a good week for 49er sports.

Nah, not true…looking back the only games that were almost UNwinnable this season so far were the FIU games. We have been competitive in MOST of the other games.[/quote]

Sure, but we’re also not winning games we could or should.[/quote]
Sure, but that doesn’t make them “unwinnable”. Unwinnable means even playing our best, we would almost certainly lose. That has not been the case for the most part. Thats the frustrating part, we have been right in 75% of the games (in last 2 innings) that we have lost. Those were certainly “winnable”, we just didn’t do it.