Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 24th

Charlotte 11, Winthrop 2. I’ll take it. Nice outing by Shive. Everybody contributed on offense. Let’s best Asheville tomorrow and make this a streak.

All year our players have looked like they belong in a conference that’s ranked 16th+. And it showed tonight. Unfortunately we are in a good conference and not a mediocre or terrible one. However the next 10 games are winnable. I say let’s win 7 of them and get some Mo going

All year our players have looked like they belong in a conference that’s ranked 16th+. And it showed tonight. Unfortunately we are in a good conference and not a mediocre or terrible one. However the next 10 games are winnable. I say let’s win 7 of them and get some Mo going[/quote]

I watched the entire game on line tonight. We actually looked like a good team. I don’t know if Winthrop played that bad or we have turned the corner. We owe UNCA. Let’s make it 2 in a row tomorrow and have some momentum heading into this weekend.

All year our players have looked like they belong in a conference that’s ranked 16th+. And it showed tonight. Unfortunately we are in a good conference and not a mediocre or terrible one. However the next 10 games are winnable. I say let’s win 7 of them and get some Mo going[/quote]

I watched the entire game on line tonight. We actually looked like a good team. I don’t know if Winthrop played that bad or we have turned the corner. We owe UNCA. Let’s make it 2 in a row tomorrow and have some momentum heading into this weekend.[/quote]

I think Vogler is getting the start tomorrow. He’s a guy they want to groom as a weekend starter. I’ll be interested to see how he does.

I watched the entire game on line tonight. We actually looked like a good team. I don’t know if Winthrop played that bad or we have turned the corner. We owe UNCA. Let’s make it 2 in a row tomorrow and have some momentum heading into this weekend.[/quote]

I think Vogler is getting the start tomorrow. He’s a guy they want to groom as a weekend starter. I’ll be interested to see how he does.[/quote]

Didn’t Vogler pitch against VCU? I thought he looked pretty solid. I’m sure they’ll still have him on a low pitch count since it is still March and the temperature will be in the 40s.

I think Vogler is getting the start tomorrow. He’s a guy they want to groom as a weekend starter. I’ll be interested to see how he does.[/quote]

Didn’t Vogler pitch against VCU? I thought he looked pretty solid. I’m sure they’ll still have him on a low pitch count since it is still March and the temperature will be in the 40s.[/quote]

You are correct, sir. He gave up 7 hits and 1 ER in 5 innings against VCU.

Nice to see the offense get going tonight. Great all around effort from everyone tonight. I think everyone in the line- up either scored or drove in a run. Career highs for Corbin on the mound tonight for Ks and IP. bullpen closed the door. Lets keep it going!

I thought Traugh (sp?) looked great when he came in last night. First three batters he faced, all strikeouts! :o

Winthrop, who we beat 11-2 last night, just beat #18 unc-ch in Chapel Hill today 3-1.

We are currently leading UNCA 7-0. Are we trying to go on a winning streak?!?!?!

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:29, topic:28723”]Winthrop, who we beat 11-2 last night, just beat #18 unc-ch in Chapel Hill today 3-1.

We are currently leading UNCA 7-0. Are we trying to go on a winning streak?!?!?![/quote]
Glad I didn’t post this…don’t jinx us.

Charlotte 9, UNCA 0. Vogler looked strong tonight. Wells and Sherer did a good job closing it out. Hopefully we can carry that momentum into the weekend and get some league wins!

[size=2]Nice pitching last night. the 9-0 score could have been much higher if we didn’t leave the bases loaded several times, but we did more than enough for the W. [font=Verdana]We also played solid defensively.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font=Verdana]Lets carry it over into the weekend. [/font][/size]

[size=1em]Nice pitching last night. the 9-0 score could have been much higher if we didn’t leave the bases loaded several times, but we did more than enough for the W. [font=verdana]We also played solid defensively.[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]Lets carry it over into the weekend. [/font][/size][/quote]
Good to hear the defense was better. Was UNCA just that bad though?

[size=1em]Nice pitching last night. the 9-0 score could have been much higher if we didn’t leave the bases loaded several times, but we did more than enough for the W. [font=verdana]We also played solid defensively.[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]Lets carry it over into the weekend. [/font][/size][/quote]
Good to hear the defense was better. Was UNCA just that bad though?[/quote]

UNCA beat us 5-1 a few weeks ago.

Last night they struggled, walking 13 batters and they also had 2 errors.

Last time we played them we had 10 hits and only scored 1 run. Last night we only had 8 hits but scored 9 runs. Baseball is a funny game.

Last time we played them we had 10 hits and only scored 1 run. Last night we only had 8 hits but scored 9 runs. Baseball is a funny game.[/quote]

Asheville didn’t have much going for them last night. We could have done more damage on offense but the defense was clean and pitching was solid. Sherer had 4 RBI. We really should have beaten them in the first game.

13 walks? Dang I think I had 19 in a season

Last time we played them we had 10 hits and only scored 1 run. Last night we only had 8 hits but scored 9 runs. Baseball is a funny game.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. I bascially follow the team through you guys so I really enjoy your discussions around baseball. I played growing up so I still have a love for the sport.

Good to see Sherer coming around with run production with 9 RBI’s in the last 4 games and pitching last night was about as good as we can hope for. Like others have said hopefully we can take some of this momentum into ODU this weekend.

This has been the story of about 90% of our losses this season.

Hooefully no Justin Verlander 2.0 at ODU