Charlotte Baseball - Week of March 24th

Nope, they did have Justin’s little brother Ben last year, but he got drafted and plays with the Tigers org now. 8)

Nope, they did have Justin’s little brother Ben last year, but he got drafted and plays with the Tigers org now. 8)

[/quote]
I knew I had read something along those lines

Sweet graphics on wall btw.
#thatsHowBigtimeProgramsDoitWoman

Observer article on Mikal Hill:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/27/4797896/former-mallard-creek-high-standout.html#.UzRLH_ldUj5

@realdadinstands: Coastal Carolina indoor hitting facil, includes full 90ft basepaths for inf. @Nick_Mc49 http://t.co/uQEHGh7l2l

Cut a check, baller.

I’d love for us to have a facility like that.

Cut a check, baller.[/quote]

To be fair - You could say that to most of our alumni - just sayin

Try to make a point next time.

Last project I was one of few to donate to. Names are on seats. Yourself?

My point was we dont need taj mahal. Uncc wont do it like this

My point was we dont need taj mahal. Uncc wont do it like this[/quote]

[size=2]The point went over your head. [/size]

[size=2]Walk up the path to football stadium and you’ll see my name. [font=Verdana]Anything at this point is going towards football. Establish a good football program you’ll see the tickle down effect to all athletics.[/font][/size]

My point was we dont need taj mahal. Uncc wont do it like this[/quote]

[size=2]The point went over your head. [/size]

[size=2]Walk up the path to football stadium and you’ll see my name. [font=Verdana]Anything at this point is going towards football. Establish a good football program you’ll see the tickle down effect to all athletics.[/font][/size][/quote]
Sorry you dont understand how this works.

until someone puts up the cash for the facility (or a significant portion) it will not happen.

If someone wants to start an effort to collect money for this to generate interest and show financial support, i’ll gladly signup and donate to the cause. I don’t care enough to do it myself though.

Wanting and wishing do not get anything done.

[quote=“ninerID, post:51, topic:28723”]until someone puts up the cash for the facility (or a significant portion) it will not happen.

If someone wants to start an effort to collect money for this to generate interest and show financial support, i’ll gladly signup and donate to the cause. I don’t care enough to do it myself though.

Wanting and wishing do not get anything done.[/quote]

I’d like to think that growing the Grand Slam Club helps move us in that direction, but a big check would help.

Interview with Coach Hibbs reviewing this past week and previewing the weekend series at ODU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ5B5O-rHD0&list=UUKuiGnWXMS4JfRlBZQGjzzg&feature=share

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:52, topic:28723”][quote=“ninerID, post:51, topic:28723”]until someone puts up the cash for the facility (or a significant portion) it will not happen.

Wanting and wishing do not get anything done.[/quote]

I’d like to think that growing the Grand Slam Club helps move us in that direction, but a big check would help.[/quote]

I agree. The GS Club has grown significantly the last few years.

Feel free to sign up here:
http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205038788

does a donation to the GSC count towards priority points and football tailgating spot location?

Curious on that as well.

It is my understanding that it doesn’t count towards your parking lot assignment but it does result in points. It really shouldn’t count towards football parking if you think about it. That money is needed for football.

It is my understanding that it doesn’t. It really shouldn’t if you think about it. That money is needed for football.[/quote]

It counts towards your you 49er Club points but not to your giving level, so the short answer is no.

College baseball and softball doesn’t build hardcore fanbases or bring in big time network TV money. It is what is.

College baseball and softball doesn’t build hardcore fanbases or bring in big time network TV money. It is what is.[/quote]
Really? I learned something today

No idea where you drifted off to.

I posted the CoAstal pic as info as to whats realistic at smaller schools. Im not sure you were in a lengthy discussion prior or in the know why we havnt got one. But will spare the details why its been put off. Eseentially uncc only wants something over the top or none at all- which is silly. Something functional such as Coastals allows you to be top tier.

Fwiw- capital projects get earmarked. Sorta like the tennis stadium? Or Hayes? Bringing football and tv contracts into discussion is equivalent to talking about a missing Malaysian jet.