charlotte credit card ??

[QUOTE=ninerID;354449]Capital One now has “Card Lab” where you can make a card from any image you upload. You could easily just take a niner symbol off the internet (or whatever image) and make a card. This will not in turn give money to the alumni association, but how much are those cards even generating?

[URL]http://www.capitalone.com/cardlab/?linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS01_CCMAIN_C2_02_T_BYOCG&external_id=&step=1[/URL]

You essentially sign up for a credit card, they send you a generic one with info how to upload your own image, they then mail you a replacement card.[/QUOTE]

I’m thinkig about that. I have the alumni card but don’t use it very often. The money going to the school is very minimal from what I’ve heard. The lady at BofA couldn’t even tell me how much was going towards the school. Plus, if you have to charge anything back it’s a pain in the a$$ with BofA. With AMEX I just do it online if needed.

[QUOTE=VA49er;334594]I have that card but have stopped using it. I called the bank to see how much of each purchase went to the school. The first person didn’t know and the fifth said nothing was going to the school. I’m using another card.[/QUOTE]

MBNA used to offer the card. I had one, but realized the same thing you did: that little , if any, money was going to the school. I switched to Capital One to get something for mois.

[QUOTE=ninerID;354449]Capital One now has “Card Lab” where you can make a card from any image you upload. You could easily just take a niner symbol off the internet (or whatever image) and make a card. This will not in turn give money to the alumni association, but how much are those cards even generating?

You essentially sign up for a credit card, they send you a generic one with info how to upload your own image, they then mail you a replacement card.[/QUOTE]

I plan to do this when my first card expires. I’m an existing customer, so I’ll have to call them to figure out how I can do this with an existing account.

I am surprised their idea doesn’t casue copyright/licensing issues.

I’d do it, but CapitalOne are real nazis in my experience. I paid off a loan early, and they treated me like $hit for doing it. I’m trying to remember if its them or Citi that have the Gestapo CC dept. One of my friends had a horrible time with his.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;354558]I am surprised their idea doesn’t casue copyright/licensing issues.
[/QUOTE]

I guess they can put the owness back onto the individual infringer, if they did infringe. SkinIt probably has the same policy.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;354558]I’d do it, but CapitalOne are real nazis in my experience. I paid off a loan early, and they treated me like $hit for doing it. I’m trying to remember if its them or Citi that have the Gestapo CC dept. One of my friends had a horrible time with his.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing that. They are always sending me loan offers that have pretty good rates. I know now to avoid.

Chase is by far the worst. When it comes to flexibility, credit limits, late payments, charge backs, customer service…you name it.

Citi is a little better.

American Express is the best I’ve experienced.

I am surprised their idea doesn't casue copyright/licensing issues.

I’d do it, but CapitalOne are real nazis in my experience. I paid off a loan early, and they treated me like $hit for doing it. I’m trying to remember if its them or Citi that have the Gestapo CC dept. One of my friends had a horrible time with his.

I don’t understand why people want special credit cards.

I take my domestic credit card for the low fixed rate, my international credit card for the no exchange fees, and my AMEX if I don’t trust a vendor.

Seems the ploy of putting a picture on a card is a way to stick it to you in other ways (fees, rate, grace period, etc.)

If I wanted to donate, I would just figure out how much I saved with a lower rate, then donate it.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;354862]
I take my domestic credit card for the low fixed rate, my international credit card for the no exchange fees, and my AMEX if I don’t trust a vendor.
[/QUOTE]

I definitely don’t want 3 credit cards, and several places I shop and eat at have quit taking AMEX. Hey, don’t you have to pay for an AMEX card? Since I pay off my card each month, I don’t really care what the rate is.

Cash is subprime. Why do a cash transaction when I can use my credit card, get a grace period, then get a cash back bonus on top of it? Further, I’m protected by risking only my available limit as opposed to my entire checking account by using a credit card versus a debit card. So long as you pay in full, your credit card can be a winning proposition.

I definitely don't want 3 credit cards, and several places I shop and eat at have quit taking AMEX. Hey, don't you have to pay for an AMEX card? Since I pay off my card each month, I don't really care what the rate is.

Costco gives you a free AMEX card. Or I can use the corporate card and pay it back.