charlotte for a firsttimer

Wasn’t Uptown Cabaret a musical in which Liza Minelli sang?

[QUOTE=lake49er;435876]L5 is great… I was bit also but that was done by my girlfriend long story… no pun intended…[/QUOTE]

well my wife was scratched by a lion (cub) there! but watch out for the ostridges/ostriges/whatever…the birds with the long necks. if you have a bucket of food in your car and the window is rolled down, you can’t get the muthas out! really strong and VERY determined!

[QUOTE=lake49er;435868]Has anyone taken a ride around the Lazy Five in Mooresville?[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this. I’ll have to find an excuse to check this out.

[QUOTE=C49er;435904]I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this. I’ll have to find an excuse to check this out.[/QUOTE]

it’s not hard. grab a kid from the neighborhood. all the excuse you need!

[QUOTE=earlyniner;435900]well my wife was scratched by a lion (cub) there! but watch out for the ostridges/ostriges/whatever…the birds with the long necks. if you have a bucket of food in your car and the window is rolled down, you can’t get the muthas out! really strong and VERY determined![/QUOTE]I had an ostrich stick his head in the passenger window and stare down the driver, which was me. Those animals are not afraid of anything.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;435846]I’ve always heard that uptown cabaret is pretty this time of year.[/QUOTE]and free admission with game ticket after panther games.

[QUOTE=lake49er;435868]Has anyone taken a ride around the Lazy Five in Mooresville?[/QUOTE]
Kid or adult, this is quality entertainment. My sons insist on an annual trip, enjoy it more than the zoo in Asheboro.

Bonus points if you take a van, they will almost try to climb in there with you.

I would head to the mountains if it does not rain. Leaves should be nearing peak.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;435938]I would head to the mountains if it does not rain. Leaves should be nearing peak.[/QUOTE]

was at houndears/g’father for a climbing comp last weeks ago, going to be going to rumbling bald to do some bouldering on sunday. climbing stone mountain next weekend.

we’ll have our fill of mountain scenery. it was beautiful on the parkway last week. can’t wait for stone next weekend.

Of course, at the Lazy 5, be careful of a situation like this…

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn6FR3MeC9s[/URL]

[QUOTE=Anborn;435951]was at houndears/g’father for a climbing comp last weeks ago, going to be going to rumbling bald to do some bouldering on sunday. climbing stone mountain next weekend.

we’ll have our fill of mountain scenery. it was beautiful on the parkway last week. can’t wait for stone next weekend.[/QUOTE]

I love stone mtn., definitely one of my top 5 favorite places in NC.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;435982]I love stone mtn., definitely one of my top 5 favorite places in NC.[/QUOTE]

yeah its pretty unique. grew up going to camp cheerio and saw the face from across the valley. been camping/hiking there a number of times. this will be my first time climbing the face. looking forward to it for sure.