Charlotte had 3rd highest total revenues in CUSA for 2017-18

Either way you’ve talking about the health of our budget for over a year now and crapping on our troubles. The fact we only get 44% of it vs 70% of yours is highly relevant when you actually dig deeper. We got some things to work out no doubt but I’ll take that make up all day long in the longterm. We can always come back and slap more on to their student fee’s a semester like you guys if we need to I guess.

That was our mistake in not doing it earlier and getting all this bad press because I’m sure there are schools all over the national charging even more than that. I know JMU and the Virginia schools used to absolutely kill their students in fees.

Yeah, you just did, asked for $75 and got $50 more per students.

Wolfie, if it was only about the money ECU students would all transfer to UNC-P where tuition is just $500/semester. We know that isn’t happening. $51 is just about a dozen cups of Starbucks, and I can promise you most of our students drink that in less than two weeks. No big deal.

I’ll park this here:

http://www.reflector.com/ECU/2019/08/11/Gerlach-Leaving-AAC-not-an-option.html

Hmm… at $50 per student more that would mean we have about 120,000 more students than you guys. The bottom line is that we spent over $11 million less than you did on athletics and we had a better football record and we beat you head to head in basketball. We also made $1.7 million while you guys went in the hole another 1/2 million.

To top that your athletics budget projected annual net deficit of $11.9 million for this fiscal year and an $11.4 million deficit in 2020. Based on the example that ECU sets, success is not directly tied to the amount of money spent.

If we charged 50 bucks more a semester like you at nearly 30k students that’s almost 3 million dollars more a year. If that’s not a big deal what the heck are you posting crap about a 13 million dollar loan over and over for. You more so than anyone have been harping on that more than anyone when we’ve drop 200+ on facilities alone the last decade. It’s all a drop in the hat if that’s the case.

From the article posted

ECU interim chancellor Dan Gerlach did not mince his words in guaranteeing that the Pirates leaving the American Athletic Conference is not an option.

“No. Hell no,”

That’s all that really needs to be said. Until the issues you guys love to talk about manifest into something more than taking a few guarantee games who cares.

Still not quite there. That is $1.5 million.

I’m not quick mathing it again but 44% of our 47 million dollar budget from student fee’s was like 20 million dollars. 70% of your 37 I think it was was 26 million. Is that not correct? That’s what the numbers say. Also if we added 50 dollars a semester like I assume those numbers are with nearly 30k students that’s almost 3 million dollars difference alone.

Again I could care less honestly, you guys are the ones all dancing around hoping we fail I guess so it might open a door for you in the AAC. (How I have no clue) Football record and one head to head game, do you really want to talk about programs? Dude we took the football coach you wanted last spring and we have a much better basketball staff. I wouldn’t trade any thing going right now with you. If you are so concerned why don’t you have a thread about JMU with a 51 million dollar 80% student fee’s budget so they can compete in the CAA and FCS. At least our spending got us on a bigger stage and there coach too and it’s not nearly as much of a joke as that regardless of what our issues are.

2 semesters in a year… 30k x 50 = 1.5 million x 2 semesters. I assume your student fee’s is per semester.

My bad, I didn’t catch the semester part. Either way ECU still sucks. :laughing::laughing:

OK, so somewhere between 28-42% (nobody really knows yet) of your athletic budget is being paid for by the Physicians Group, the University (hiring freeze) and debt, while 0% of Charlotte’s is. It isn’t always about how much you spend, sometimes it is about how financially responsible you are, and sometimes it is about the results on the field as @dowless pointed out.

Contributions took a big hit but I’m assuming a lot of people withheld theirs until Judy was gone.