Charlotte Hornets šŸ

Yeah Iā€™m sure they did.

Itā€™s too early to say heā€™s a bust.

Hey may end up being a good center combo at some point.

If they can develop Richards they should be able to develop Williams.

Plumlee is not gonna be there forever for sure.

I still have high hopes for Thor.

Kai Jones has me worried though.

Hornets use CLT for first time

2 Likes

Looks good. If I gave a damn about the NBA Id buy one.

Wonder if we have any desire to hop on the ā€œmintedā€ color as a third jersey.

2 Likes

Hell to the no on any mint colored crap for anything NINER.

1 Like

I think basketball or soccer could be cool. Given our name and the gold rush as the reason why the US mint was located here. As a one off I think could be cool.

1 Like

These look pretty good. Finally using the CLT appropriately and the mint (ugh) trim is minimal and negligible.

1 Like

I was reading someone owns the trademark for the letters CLT that is why the Hornets have been using CHA. That seems silly to me.

1 Like

And confirmed:

What the hell is going on with Mark Williams. Heā€™s playing in the G League when he should be playing games for the Hornets.

He needs to get time with the big team and take his lumps.

Where will the minutes come from? He, Plumlee and Richards are more or less the same, and heā€™s the worse of the 3.

Mitch Kupchak screwed up dealing away Duren. Heā€™s been horrendous of late. Wouldnā€™t expect much else out of an organization where the key spots are held by Chapel Cheaters

Agreed on Duren. I would have kept both with the hope one pops over the next few years.

In fact on draft night I was on cloud nine for a short time because we had just drafted two high potential centers with slightly different attributes and I figured surely one would pop of the two.

It was great, investing draft capital into shoring up the biggest issue Charlotte has had for years, lack of a good center, with two good prospects that would be on our timeline.

Then we traded Duren.

Wonderful.

They should come from Plumlee.

This team is going nowhere this year so letā€™s get the young players time.

Williams has to be given time to develop or we are wasting the investment in him.

Same situation I saw with Bouknight last year. Can we please get our 1st round draft picks some GD playing time?

Iā€™ve honestly wondered if they are trying to showcase Plumlee for the trade deadline. They did something similar last time Cliff was coach with Bacon. He was starting SF and had no business playing in that position and then he was traded near the deadline. If they do that and give Williams some more time to get up to speed in the G-League he will do great with the Hornets.

I was also thrilled on draft night when they took Duren. I like Duren and Williams, but I really wanted Eason. We couldā€™ve had a combination of Eason and Duren or Williams. It would help so much more when Hayward has his injury time.

If we trade Plumlee that makes sense.