Charlotte in the 2021 WNIT

The Niners were selected to play in the WNIT. They will play at Bojangles Coliseum.

2 Likes

Eight team tournament. We’re 10-10. What strange and sad times in which we live. GO NINERS!!

1 Like

Niners and Gators. How ironic for Mike.

1 Like

A match made in heaven…or over the phone in the late night hours.

It is a 32 team tournament. There are 8 teams in the Charlotte Regional.

2 Likes

I would kill a man to get our men’s team into the NIT, so I am not going to give the women too much crap for getting there.

3 Likes

Would that man be Ron Sanchez by any chance?

Oh Lord, there are consolation games.

1 Like

I can understand the WNIT having a consolation round to ensure that each team gets to play at least two games, especially for those traveling from outside the Carolinas to participate.

If the Niners and Tigers meet, then we’ll have a current coach vs ex-coach scenario. (Of course, that plays out too if it’s Florida vs Clemson.)

FWIW, no Niners WBB piece in my printed Big O this morning. Hmm…

Flo-hoops ain’t free? Not paying $30 for a month worth.

1 Like

Gators 35-32 @ halftime.

bummer - missed chance at the buzzer and lose 66-65

One thing was for sure this season, women’s basketball wasn’t boring.
That’s four one point losses and some overtime wins.

No losses greater than seven points.

2 Likes

clt is glad Karen will get another game to coach

1 Like

I would absolutely watch the Niners today if they were playing somewhere I could without paying $30/month to see a couple of games. If the WNIT has any desire to build a following they need to be more accessible. If they must stream the games, then I think YouTube, Facebook, or even ESPN+ would have been better choices. I guess like everything else about college sports lately, it isn’t about the fans.

Had a chance and should have won yesterday.

Flo-hoops can kiss my grits.

Niners led 11-10 at first media TO but Minutewomen closed opening quarter on 9-0 run. Geez!