Charlotte Knights vs Chicago White Sox Thursday, April 1

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][font=verdana][size=12px]Date/Time: Thu, Apr 1 2010 at 7:00 PM[/size][/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][font=verdana][font=Verdana][size=12px]Home Team: Charlotte Knights[/size][/font][/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][font=verdana][font=Verdana][size=12px]Opponent: Chicago White Sox[/size][/font][/font][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][font=verdana][font=Verdana][size=12px]Venue: Knights Stadium w/ Reserved Upper Deck[/size][/font][/font][/td][/tr][/table]
[font=verdana][size=12px]Tickets start at $12.[/size][/font][/td][/tr][/table]

I’ll be there with a bunch of buddies of mine. Trying to get there early and tailgate.

We’re leaving my house (University area) at 6:15. I looked on ticketreturn and there are plenty of seats available.

I would LOVE to go to this, but my brother gets into town tomorrow, and I only see him about 3 or 4 times a year, so I’ll be at home with the fam. You guys get loud for the Sox for me! ;D

It’s a shame we don’t have any White Sox fans on this board. I’m sure they would love to go.

Knights win 4-3.

:frowning:

probably to the shock of most fans…

AAA and AA ball is not much different that MLB

AAA and AA ball is not much different that MLB[/quote]

I was trying to explain this to a friend the other day. Not only is AAA and MLB very close, it’s almost identical after the first couple innings when the starters come out and the rookies and Omar Visquels are in.

[quote=“metro, post:8, topic:22926”]probably to the shock of most fans…

If this is the case, I think they should make the MLB like the EPL (and other European soccer leagues) and let teams play into the league. I’m not a fan of the MLB and I think this would bring fans like me into it (and increase baseball’s popularity). But I know some people still like it just fine the way it is.

Wouldn’t hurt to do this with the NBA too.

[quote=“49or bust, post:10, topic:22926”][quote=“metro, post:8, topic:22926”]probably to the shock of most fans…

If this is the case, I think they should make the MLB like the EPL (and other European soccer leagues) and let teams play into the league. I’m not a fan of the MLB and I think this would bring fans like me into it (and increase baseball’s popularity). But I know some people still like it just fine the way it is.

Wouldn’t hurt to do this with the NBA too.[/quote]

Only problem with this plan is stadium size. What about the lucky MLB team that gets dropped down to A ball and finds themselves hosting the Greensboro Grasshoppers infront of 20,000 empty seats.

Also, the lower leagues teams are all owned by MLB teams, or associated with, so it’s just a farm system. All of the Greensboro Grasshoppers are technically just Florida Marlins.

[quote=“49or bust, post:10, topic:22926”]If this is the case, I think they should make the MLB like the EPL (and other European soccer leagues) and let teams play into the league. I’m not a fan of the MLB and I think this would bring fans like me into it (and increase baseball’s popularity). But I know some people still like it just fine the way it is.

Wouldn’t hurt to do this with the NBA too.[/quote]

Idea wouldn’t work, especially with the NBA. If an NBDL team played the Nets, they would get slaughtered 9 times out of 10. I don’t follow baseball at all, but I imagine that AAA might be able to hang, but they would end up looking like the Nets do this year.

I was trying to explain this to a friend the other day. Not only is AAA and MLB very close, it’s almost identical after the first couple innings when the starters come out and the rookies and Omar Visquels are in.[/quote]

It was funny last night. The starters for the Sox all had their names on the back of their jerseys. They played for a few innings. I went to go get a beer, came back, all the players with names on their jerseys were gone and replaced by players with numbers in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.

That happened to me too. I got back from standing in line for an inning and no name’s on the jerseys. I was so confused.