Charlotte merchandise rant

I’m trying to find a UNC Charlotte sweatshirt for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Nothing fancy, just a plain old sweatshirt.

I remember from when I was a student that if you want UNC Charlotte gear you have to go to the university area. So I went to the university Walmart. About a billion Crapple Hole articles, but no Charlotte. Seriously, there was such a ridiculous amount of tarheels crap that I honestly think the local Wal Mart stocking depot though the “University Area in Charlotte” meant it was close to Chapel Hill. There was just an inordinate amount of Tarheel gear, and nothing else.

Went next door to Dick’s. They had a total of 3 Charlotte hoodies, but no sweatshirts.

Continued to Kohl’s on 29. They had Chapel Hill, Duke, NC State, and Ga Tech sweatshirts. To make matters worse, they were 60% off. If they’d only had a sweatshirt in stock for the school across the street from the store, I would have been able to walk out with a nice sweatshirt for $16. But no.

What a pain in the ass. Why don’t university area stores carry any university apparel? It’s retarded. You have to go to the bookstore to get anything, where they charge about 50% more and never have any serious sales.

I hate every school except for Charlotte.

Managers of stores said they stopped carrying it because it doesn’t sell. The Charlotte community isn’t interested.

I think that’s a copout B.S. reply. I cannot believe Georgia Tech is a bigger seller than Charlotte less than a mile from the school.

I agree. If they’d sale Charlotte stuff around the Univ, they’ll definitely sell a majority of it, especially if the stuff isn’t redicuosly priced such as Gray’s and the bookstore on campus.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;278147]I remember from when I was a student that if you want UNC Charlotte gear you have to go to the university area. So I went to the university Walmart. About a billion Crapple Hole articles, but no Charlotte. Seriously, there was such a ridiculous amount of tarheels crap that I honestly think the local Wal Mart stocking depot though the “University Area in Charlotte” meant it was close to Chapel Hill. There was just an inordinate amount of Tarheel gear, and nothing else. [/QUOTE]
Golly gee, Tarhole gear at Wal-Mart. Fancy that.

I think that's a copout B.S. reply. I cannot believe Georgia Tech is a bigger seller than Charlotte less than a mile from the school.
I agree, but thats what pretty much every manager I've asked has said. Some places say it isnt company policy to carry local stuff, such as that sports place by Concord near the Toys'r'Us.

[QUOTE=eason49;278177]Some places say it isnt company policy to carry local stuff, such as that sports place by Concord near the Toys’r’Us.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s a new one :blink: They have to carry out of town stuff for all the out of towners that come in??? :confused:

OH OH OH!

so tonight I’m sitting at the movies getting ready to watch I am Legend (good movie IMO btw) and up pops a UNCP commercial… we all start laughing and saying “why do they keep showing up everywhere?” - and guess what… RIGHT AFTER IT is a Charlotte commercial that says something to the effect of “get your charlotte 49er merchandise at these locations!” and lists something like 10-12 locations in the mall that carries Charlotte merch in some way shape or form. I snapped a picture with my phone real quick but it turned out terrible.

So yeah - go to Concord Mills - apparently they have stuff at a bunch of the stores - how much? idk. But I did talk to the guy at the new store across from AC Moore a while back and he said he was trying to get a bunch of stuff in.

BTW this year ive seen a LOT more merch than last year. so maybe slowly but surely its getting better.

Also Steve & Barry’s on Independence has a good load of stuff. I was there last night and I’m almost certian they had a UNC Charlotte sweatshirt (non-hoodie) It’ll cost you $8.88 as they are having a store wide sale.

yea Concord has a good amount…

I wanted the same thing for my grandmother. Check Gray’s. I found her one on clearance for $15. I did have to ask for a crew neck sweatshirt- they were buried on a random shelf. Not impressed but I did accomplish my mission…

[URL=http://retailventures.findlocation.com/map.aspx?page=valuecity&address=2516+NORTH+SARDIS+ROAD&city=CHARLOTTE&state=NC&postalcode=28227&country=US&did=275&id=275&mlat=35.145745&mlon=-80.726509&SrchId=9743565&LocId=275]Crown Point Store[/URL]

2516 NORTH SARDIS ROAD
CHARLOTTE, NC 28227
704-849-6800

Sun 11am-7pm, Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-9:30pm

Also Steve & Barry's on Independence has a good load of stuff. I was there last night and I'm almost certian they had a UNC Charlotte sweatshirt (non-hoodie) [B]It'll cost you $8.88 as they are having a store wide sale[/B].

$8.88 is not a sale for Steve & Barry’s. If you ever pay more than 8.88 for something at Steve and Barry’s you are getting ripped off. I was at one in Ohio and nothing was above $5. Not even a huge winter coat. I bought a Charlotte 49ers shirt IN OHIO and it fell apart in the dryer after 2 washes.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;278147]I’m trying to find a UNC Charlotte sweatshirt for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Nothing fancy, just a plain old sweatshirt.

I remember from when I was a student that if you want UNC Charlotte gear you have to go to the university area. So I went to the university Walmart. About a billion Crapple Hole articles, but no Charlotte. Seriously, there was such a ridiculous amount of tarheels crap that I honestly think the local Wal Mart stocking depot though the “University Area in Charlotte” meant it was close to Chapel Hill. There was just an inordinate amount of Tarheel gear, and nothing else.

Went next door to Dick’s. They had a total of 3 Charlotte hoodies, but no sweatshirts.

Continued to Kohl’s on 29. They had Chapel Hill, Duke, NC State, and Ga Tech sweatshirts. To make matters worse, they were 60% off. If they’d only had a sweatshirt in stock for the school across the street from the store, I would have been able to walk out with a nice sweatshirt for $16. But no.

What a pain in the ass. Why don’t university area stores carry any university apparel? It’s retarded. You have to go to the bookstore to get anything, where they charge about 50% more and never have any serious sales.

I hate every school except for Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

I posted something similar to this on the New Niner Gear thread. I went through the same process at SouthPark mall. I’m pretty sick of it too. The Finish Line had about 7 UTexas hats but not a single Charlotte hat. The only thing I can say is for people to continue to make sure to ask the employees if they have anything for Charlotte, even though you know they don’t. I even try to make it sound ridiculous to the employee that they don’t have anything to chose from.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;278209]

[URL=http://retailventures.findlocation.com/map.aspx?page=valuecity&address=2516+NORTH+SARDIS+ROAD&city=CHARLOTTE&state=NC&postalcode=28227&country=US&did=275&id=275&mlat=35.145745&mlon=-80.726509&SrchId=9743565&LocId=275]Crown Point Store[/URL]

2516 NORTH SARDIS ROAD
CHARLOTTE, NC 28227
704-849-6800

Sun 11am-7pm, Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-9:30pm[/QUOTE]

As of about 2 weeks ago Value City only had hoodies.

Phidipidies in Cocord’s Carolina Mall has some aweosme adidas tshirts and sweatshirts

Nothing to rant or complain about with Lids. They almost match a Charlotte hat for every Duke or Crap Hole Hill hat selection wise. :thumbsup:

Nothing to rant or complain about with Lids. They almost match a Charlotte hat for every Duke or Crap Hole Hill hat selection wise. :thumbsup:

Concord Mills is usually pretty respectable. That one sports store by the AC Moore even has Charlotte shirts ON THE TABLE DISPLAY FACING OUT OF THE STORE. It’s amazing.

Concord Mills is usually pretty respectable. That one sports store by the AC Moore even has Charlotte shirts ON THE TABLE DISPLAY FACING OUT OF THE STORE. It's amazing.

Agree there! Every time I’m at the Concord Mills I do a lap and take stock at all the sports stores… and they’re legit w/Charlotte stuff there guys.:shades:

Agreed. I was at CM about 2 weeks ago. Almost all of the sports stores had atleast a little Charlotte merchandise. There was 1 or 2 that didn’t however and I expressed my displeasure with both of those (not that it did any good, of course)!

:tongue: