Charlotte @ MTSU 2/5 7PM; 2/6 5PM - both ESPN+

I think you mean the “we love Sanchez and think he is doing a great job performance” thread.

1 Like

Really really hope we can crush MTSU. The lead up to games especially bad teams should be fun. Until this team develops a bit of a chip and desire to exert their will, every game just feels like a loss waiting to happen. Need to see the team and staff flip the script this weekend and curb stomp a team that we should beat easily.

3 Likes

So we expect that it will be two close games then?

Wonder how much of an advantage it is to have fans present, even if only 10%. Still probably some home court advantage without fans (familiar hoops, familiar basketballs, etc.), but fans do seem to put pressure on the refs to alter calls and can raise the energy level for the home team. But a light crowd may not have as much effect.

I think a smallish crowd helps the visitors. Feeds a bit more energy into the buildings and then crowd can’t be as intimidating as they would be without the covid restrictions

We have to take care of game #1 first. We’ve got no business expecting a sweep with this team. Every game is an adventure.

I know what you mean overall but
 niner fans should absolutely expect their Charlotte 49ers basketball team to win EVERY game against 300+ Rpi teams. Whether the coach, players, AD, trainers, towel guy, etc delivers on not sucking
 that’s on them.

1 Like

clt says to remember the pillars.

In Hickory, this is a pillar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When you lose to DII schools at home you take nothing for granted.

I expect a split. I will be pleased if we win both. Overtime seems likely in at least one game. We will not win by more than 10 if we win.

2 close games and splitting them seems par for the course with this team regardless of the opponent. The old hope for the best expect the worst is kinda where I am.

3 Likes

There have been a few games this season where that could have been one of our team’s pillars cause they have played like they are asleep.

SCP has us as the fav by 3 1/2, while W+W says Niners by 4.

It will be interesting. We only have 3 wins by 5 points or more. MT however, only has 2 losses of 5 points or less. If we can jump on them early and hit some shots, they may melt away.

On the flip side, MT played their 3rd and 4th best offensive games of the year last weekend against UAB. We are coming off of our 5th best offensive performance of the season last Saturday, but had our 3rd worst offensive outing the day before.

Defensively, MT had their 5th and 9th best defensive outings against UAB while we had our best effort of the season last Friday with our 3rd worst on Saturday.

These games will be a defensive battle with turnovers playing a big part. Both teams struggle with turnovers with MT the 323rd team in the country and Charlotte is 268th. What evens that out is Charlotte is only 141st in forcing them while MT is 62nd. Charlotte does shoot a better FG% than MT on average so if we can eliminate turnovers we should come away with the win.

How the refs call the game will be important as well. In away games Charlotte is 18th in the country for free throw rate and they are 22nd in the country for opponent FT rate. In home games MT is 331st for free throw rate and their opponents are 229th. If the refs are calling fouls Charlotte holds a big advantage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1357758385584758784

New Balance Shoes GIF by Todd Rocheford

pizza GIF

1 Like

One of our Pillars is to start the season horribly, learn from our valuable losses, and finish strongly with a National Championship–unless a 16 seed gets us. This weekend will be an inflection point where we begin to dominate teams.

If we dominate the rest of the season I will be less mad. App, Belmont, and EZU are almost unforgivable though. Davidson is the one blessing that I am thankful for.

“I got a feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night” - The Black Eyed Peas

One Hour Until Game Time

:alarm_clock: » 7 PM
:vs: » at Middle Tennessee
:tv: » https://es.pn/3rrLt1m
:radio: » @730TheGame or http://bit.ly/30pLBSA
:bar_chart: » https://bit.ly/3aC2lf1