CHARLOTTE Observer ignores 49er's at Show!

[QUOTE=ChevEE;389865]Speaking of the women’s team… I’m in Old Navy with my wife and the St Louis womens team is here. I can’t post in the shoutbox from my phone so I had to hijack a thread. So, is St Louis womens team a threat??[/QUOTE]
Nope, they lost today.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;389867]Oh, and there are some Rhode Islanders too…[/QUOTE]
#12 URI upset #5 George Washington today and would not play the 49ers until the championship.

Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Raleigh, N.C. State [/U]among others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why [/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er's hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49'er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10 Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er' Women's Team? [/U]The two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er's[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a "cat who just ate the canary." How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer [U]loves Curry[/U], but evidently [U]not Davidson[/U]. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.

you were at the spring garden show? ow, that sucks.

You should have told them you wanted to start a subscription (something they’re probably not used to) and tell them you want a Charlotte 49er Hat. Then, back out of the subscription when they tell you they have no Niner Nat.

A few years ago, someone was sitting at the entrance of a local super market trying to sell Observer subscriptions. I told them NO and when he asked WHY, I told him because the Sports Section paid very little respect to the Niners. He told me that was the NUMBER ONE reason people had been giving for not subscribing.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;389881]You should have told them you wanted to start a subscription (something they’re probably not used to) and tell them you want a Charlotte 49er Hat. Then, back out of the subscription when they tell you they have no Niner Nat.

A few years ago, someone was sitting at the entrance of a local super market trying to sell Observer subscriptions. I told them NO and when he asked WHY, I told him because the Sports Section paid very little respect to the Niners. [B]He told me that was the NUMBER ONE reason people had been giving for not subscribing[/B].[/QUOTE]

Why should they care when they have the strong support from all of the Wal-Mart ACCers. :smile: They may go down, but they’re “proud” believers.:tongue:

[QUOTE=hky49er;389847]Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Raleigh, N.C. State [/U]among others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why [/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er’s hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49’er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10 Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er’ Women’s Team? [/U]The two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er’s[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a “cat who just ate the canary.” How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer [U]loves Curry[/U], but evidently [U]not Davidson[/U]. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.[/QUOTE]

First of all, it’s called the “enter” key.

Secondly…[B][SIZE=3]there is no ’ in 49ers.[/SIZE][/B] Ever.

Excuuuuuse Me! I should know better.