CHARLOTTE Observer ignores 49er's at Show!

Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Raleigh, N.C. State [/U]among others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why [/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er’s hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49’er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10 Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er’ Women’s Team? [/U]The two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er’s[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a “cat who just ate the canary.” How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer [U]loves Curry[/U], but evidently [U]not Davidson[/U]. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.

[QUOTE=hky49er;389847]Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats [/U][U]from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Winston Salem, Wake Forest among[/U] others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why[/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er’s hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49’er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er’ Women’s Team?[/U]They two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er’s[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a “cat who just ate the canary.” How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer loves Curry, but evidently not Davidson. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.[/QUOTE]

By now are you really suprised???

You use a lot of cueing [U][B]DEVICES.[/B][/U]

Especially with the name [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]!

On the upside I can read the sports page in under a minute:49ers:

heres a fun drinking game. get a bunch of friends together, each with a copy of the observer and for every mistake, be it spelling or anything else. you take a shot. that game will get you trashed.

heres a fun drinking game. get a bunch of friends together, each with a copy of the observer and for every mistake, be it spelling or anything else. you take a shot. that game will get you trashed.

Get your AP style books ready.

This came up a few months ago- the douches at the Regionql Observer gave away free acc hats in the papaer for a subscription

There is only one solution–see my signature

There is only one solution--see my signature
They won't be half the paper they are now in 2010. You may get your wish soon after that.

Print media is on life support.

Not sticking up for them, but since we cannot even buy a decent hat, how is the paper going to get hats to give away for free?

[QUOTE=hky49er;389847]Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Raleigh, N.C. State [/U]among others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why [/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er’s hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49’er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10 Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er’ Women’s Team? [/U]The two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er’s[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a “cat who just ate the canary.” How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer [U]loves Curry[/U], but evidently [U]not Davidson[/U]. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.[/QUOTE]

What is this “CHARLOTTE”, of which you speak?

[QUOTE=49er1;389859]What is this “CHARLOTTE”, of which you speak?[/QUOTE]

She’s a character on Lost who died a couple of weeks ago. Pay attention please.

Tintin

[QUOTE=hky49er;389847]Went to the Spring Garden Show in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] with my wife today.[U] The[/U] [U][B]CHARLOTTE [/B]Observer[/U] had a booth there promoting subscriptions. On their table were [U]hats from UNC in Chapel Hill, the team in Durham, Duke; and the team in Raleigh, N.C. State [/U]among others to give to someone if they would subscribe to The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer. As t[U]here was no [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49ers hat on the table[/U]. We asked [U]why?[/U] [U]Why [/U]would you [U]not have a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er’s hat[/U] representing a team located in[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] at a show being held in [B]CHARLOTTE[/B], to give to a [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]49er fan living in[B] CHARLOTTE [/B]who buys a subscription to a paper called The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer? Why no [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49’er hats when teams and fans from up and down the East Coast are in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]today for the [U]Atlantic 10 Tounament[/U] being held in [B]CHARLOTTE [/B]and the number three seed in the tournament just happens to be the[B] [U]CHARLOTTE [/U][/B][U]49er’ Women’s Team? [/U]The two representatives fromThe [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer in the booth studdered a liittle before the gentleman mumbled something to the effect that he thought they had a [U][B]CHARLOTTE[/B] 49er’s[/U] hat at one time, but it had disappeared or had possibly been given away. He said [U]they would be sure to get another one[/U], all the while grinning like a “cat who just ate the canary.” How many people believe The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer now has a[B] [U]Charlotte[/U][/B][U] 49er hat[/U] in their booth to give away to a [B]Charlotte[/B] Observer subscriber from [B]CHARLOTTE[/B]? Oh, by the way Davidson fans, no Davidson hats either!The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer [U]loves Curry[/U], but evidently [U]not Davidson[/U]. The [B]CHARLOTTE[/B] Observer trys to be an equal opportunity ignorer of all local college teams, especially the one with[B] CHARLOTTE[/B] in its name.[/QUOTE]

Woudn’t it suck to be trapped behind a table trying to sell something that nobody wants?

you can also blame our lame as chancellors over the past decade.

as long as we are -hyphenated-uncc- we are second rate universtiy

Woudn't it suck to be trapped behind a table trying to sell something that nobody wants?
shizammm

nice one:lmao:

The deal hky49er referred to is known as the “Campers Special”. The paper is for wiping, the hat for covering it up.

Speaking of the women’s team… I’m in Old Navy with my wife and the St Louis womens team is here. I can’t post in the shoutbox from my phone so I had to hijack a thread. So, is St Louis womens team a threat??

Insult them, tell them their fat, hurt their self esteem. Works for about anything.

As for the hats, they did try that on campus, but the O was cool enough to fix it right away.

Oh, and there are some Rhode Islanders too…

Insult them, tell them their fat, hurt their self esteem. Works for about anything.

As for the hats, they did try that on campus, but the O was cool enough to fix it right away.

I would never call the Observer cool, in any shape or form

I remember that day, I lit up the chancellors office and the Observer marketing telephone lines.