Charlotte-Saint Joseph's game notes

CURTIS WITHERS IS LAZY on OFFENSE. He doesnā€™t want the ball anymore than our guards want to give it to him

Thatā€™s pretty much what the announcers were saying the entire 2nd half.

St. Joeā€™s was #54 in the latest RPI rating.Charlotte was # 90.

GW is #59.With a win saturday the Niners should make a huge jump forward in the RPI.

Withers has been inconsistent ever since he got to Charlotte. I love Leemire Goldwire. That kid can play. He needs to take more control, he can get to the basket as well as shoot. His game reminds me a lot of Demon Brown

I think Withers was more frustrated than lazy. I agree with the announcers that he should be more vocal with the guards. At least Coleman would try to feed him everytime Coleman touched the ball.

On a positive note, though, Withers was really crashing the board, and when he was finally getting the ball during the end of the run, he was making great passes to the open shooters.

Just wish he had fire every minute of the game, reminds me of Tim Duncanā€™s demeanor when at Wake Forest.

if mitch didnt step out of bounds on the save/steal we are talking top 10 with that pass and would most likely be a dunk

ā€¦

Gosh, Iā€™m glad we pulled it out.
(I read the board, live outside Charlotte, and donā€™t own a dish or go to a sports bar and) thereā€™ve been moments during the season when Iā€™ve wondered, without the benefit of having solid evidence, whether Coachā€™s adjustment-centered style has best served his/Ninersā€™ goals. Well, it was surprising and reassuring to see the switch to 2-3 zone correlate with our huge second half run. On the other hand, I wondered why we got so stuck in the first half. Wasnā€™t there an adjustment, a surefire play or something we couldā€™ve run during those 9 scoreless minutes? -frustrating
I wish Curt had gotten the ball more. He was stronger than his opponents.
It was great to see multiple open guards hit 3 pointers during the run.
That tall, white Hawk got hit in the head twice by us.
It was cool to see Mitch drive to the hoop for a pretty lay-in like that. All right!
It seems thereā€™ve been plenty of learning opportunities in the last couple of games. I hope weā€™ll play improved in the next game.