Charlotte St Patricks Parade 3/17/18

I invited him yesterday. I would guess no, but he seemed interested.

I am going to start bumping this daily.

For everyone that complains - here is a chance to step up make a difference.

Light rail opens this weekend so that makes it much easier to get uptown.

I have a commitment with my son that morning, but Iā€™m going to try my best to get down there.

Iā€™ll be in the first in the Losers not going category. Unfortunately our spring outage starts that day and I will be on night shift all weekend.

Couple of questions, where would be the best place to park (may Uber), and how do we find yā€™all? Will that be posted once you have the starting position?

Light Rail will be in operation for all points north and south, so thatā€™s an option. Last year I parked near Romare Bearden Park (since thatā€™s closer to where the parade ends and I wanted to go to Belfast afterwards) and walked up to 9th Street (start point). Weā€™ll be in the side lots/streets near Tryon and 9th. Iā€™m sure NWA will update this thread when he hears for sure.

We will miss ya man! First one in a few years yaā€™ll have missed!

NLP Is right - if you want to park somewhere I advise parking on the south end of town, think near baseball stadium/park. The parade ends on that side so it is better to walk up to the rally point and walk to your car than to park on north end and then have to fight through the crowd to get back to your car.

If you take the light rail you will want to jump off on the north side of town.

We still donā€™t have our exact location where we are lining up yet, but as stated it will be around North Tryon close to 277. As soon as I know exactly where it is I will blast that out. I will also post on FB and Twitter our exact location saturday morning.

1 Like

This JUST in, I will update top of thread:

Hot off the press!!!

The First 49 will occupy the 69th position in the 2018 Charlotte St. Patrickā€™s Day Parade!

We will assemble and stage in the Hal Marshall Parking Lot (700 N Tryon Street).

Marching units should be in place by 10:30 AM at the latest.

The Normbulance will be there by 9 am.

1 Like

Nice.

See you all on Saturday!

1 Like

Is the athletic department handing out vouchers for the spring game again? Any idea if those got used last time they did it?

Not sure if they are doing that or not, but I was told a ā€œfairā€ number of them were used last time.

Just bringing this back up! This Saturday!

1 Like

It turns out I will have back out. Something has come up on the personal side Saturday morning. My apologies as I was looking forward to meeting some new faces.

-Mac

1 Like

clt says to wear green!

My 5 bailed, but my wife and I will be there. Were light railing in, so will report back on how that goes.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone that showed up! Yā€™all put your bodies where your mouth is. We had a great group walking with us. Itā€™s easy to complain but itā€™s more fun to make a difference.

4 Likes

And more fun not seeing a single Davidson shirt in the crowd! A few confused Tar Holes, but weā€™ll pray for them! LOL

1 Like