Charlotte St Patricks Parade 3/17/18

As many of your know we take the Normbulance in the parade every year. Over the years the crowd with us has been fairly large to fairly small. We need a BIG crowd this year! For the first time in 5 years the parade will fall on the 17th and that means the Irish festival and one of the nations largest bar crawls will all occur on the same day. Last time this happened there were over 100k people downtown. I expect an even larger crowd this time around.

The AD,for the FIRST time, will be sending official representation.
Dusters and cheerleaders will be with us.
Norm will be with us.
The Big Rig from football trailer will be with us.
We might have some of the band with us.

We all complain about not marketing more and not being more visible, well now is a chance for YOU to make a difference and come join us.

Parade details:
Date: 3/17
Time: Parade starts at 11:00, but line up happens 9:00-10:30
Location: We are lining up in 69th position. We will assemble and stage in the Hal Marshall Parking Lot (700 N Tryon Street).

Make plans to come join us please!!!

I will post more details as we get closer to the day.

If you are coming let me know and I will keep a list of who to expect.

IN:
NWA
HotRod +3
NLP
49r9r
Ninermac +1
[size=13px][font=arial]ImfromClayton+5[/font][/size]

Maybe:
J_Felt

Losers that Say they Cant:

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32121”]As many of your know we take the Normbulance in the parade every year. Over the years the crowd with us has been fairly large to fairly small. We need a BIG crowd this year! For the first time in 5 years the parade will fall on the 17th and that means the Irish festival and one of the nations largest bar crawls will all occur on the same day. Last time this happened there were over 100k people downtown. I expect an even larger crowd this time around.

Norm will be with us.

We all complain about not marketing more and not being more visible, well now is a chance for YOU to make a difference and come join us.

Parade details:
Time: Parade starts at Noon, but line up happens 10:30-11:00
Location: TBD but the parade generally starts on North Tryon around 11th

IN:
NWA
HotRod
NLP[/quote]

I’m in. I also find it interesting that the AD is FINALLY sending representation. Why now?

Well after my email correspondence with Phil last fall I highlighted some of the things we do, the parade, the can food drive, the school supplies, going to open streets 704. He said “I had no idea you all do those things for the university”. I am SHOCKED the AD never shared that info ::slight_smile: . Easier to just call us problems I guess.

Anyway, this year when I reached out, I copied Phil. The AD responded and said they would participate.

Count me and Phin(my 7 year old in)

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:3, topic:32121”]Well after my email correspondence with Phil last fall I highlighted some of the things we do, the parade, the can food drive, the school supplies, going to open streets 704. He said “I had no idea you all do those things for the university”. I am SHOCKED the AD never shared that info ::slight_smile: . Easier to just call us problems I guess.

Anyway, this year when I reached out, I copied Phil. The AD responded and said they would participate.[/quote]

Perhaps you should invite Phil to join us? Tell him you’re going to write “Fire Phil” on the side of the Normulance if he refuses.

All joking aside, asking him if he wants to join in can do nothing but help.

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:32121”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:3, topic:32121”]Well after my email correspondence with Phil last fall I highlighted some of the things we do, the parade, the can food drive, the school supplies, going to open streets 704. He said “I had no idea you all do those things for the university”. I am SHOCKED the AD never shared that info ::slight_smile: . Easier to just call us problems I guess.

Anyway, this year when I reached out, I copied Phil. The AD responded and said they would participate.[/quote]

Perhaps you should invite Phil to join us? Tell him you’re going to write “Fire Phil” on the side of the Normulance if he refuses.

All joking aside, asking him if he wants to join in can do nothing but help.[/quote]

I actually did. He will be in Jerusalem on a dig with Dr Tabor that weekend. He said he would rise a pint for us.

Awesome! This is a kid friendly event. HotRod will have his kids, mine are usually there but will be in Savannah this weekend.

I want to go to Jerusalem. How come we never hear about a University trip there?

Well I am not sure if this a school trip or just chancellor going.

clt will check on the zep.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32121”]As many of your know we take the Normbulance in the parade every year. Over the years the crowd with us has been fairly large to fairly small. We need a BIG crowd this year! For the first time in 5 years the parade will fall on the 17th and that means the Irish festival and one of the nations largest bar crawls will all occur on the same day. Last time this happened there were over 100k people downtown. I expect an even larger crowd this time around.

Norm will be with us.

Parade details:
Time: Parade starts at Noon, but line up happens 10:30-11:00
Location: TBD but the parade generally starts on North Tryon around 11th

IN:
NWA
HotRod
NLP
49r9r
Ninermac +1

Maybe:
J_Felt

Losers that Say they Cant:[/quote]

I am in. Wife wants to join. Several other Niner fans were discussing this the other day. Call it ImfromClayton+5. maybe more. Were doing the crawl after.

Excellent! Glad to have you in Clayton and this time without me having to beg you after having taken the praxis.

I am going to be bumping this every now and then until the parade!

Should be the wife and I, plus at least one other couple. Looking forward to it

clt says don’t forget to wear green. Don’t want you guys getting pinched.

Still waiting details on where we are lining up.

I challenge all of you to come out and join us. I say this every year. It is easy to sit and complain about all our shortcomings - the question is what are YOU doing to change that?

This is a great event and a ton of fun. Come out and join us.

We will have these groups with us:
Alumni Association
Athletics
Continuing Education
Gold Dusters
Cheerleaders
Norm
The football big rig (no trailer)
Drum line is a maybe

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:16, topic:32121”]Still waiting details on where we are lining up.

I challenge all of you to come out and join us. I say this every year. It is easy to sit and complain about all our shortcomings - the question is what are YOU doing to change that?

Alumni Association
Athletics
Continuing Education
Gold Dusters
Cheerleaders
Norm
Drum line is a maybe[/quote]

clt asks you to please feed the gold dusters.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:17, topic:32121”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:16, topic:32121”]Still waiting details on where we are lining up.

Alumni Association
Athletics
Continuing Education
Gold Dusters
Cheerleaders
Norm
Drum line is a maybe[/quote]

clt asks you to please feed the gold dusters.[/quote]

CAN’T WAIT

Heads up! I had parade starting at noon. It actually starts at 11:00! Plan accordingly!

Mike Hill walking?