Charlotte to Hire Michigan associate Head Coach Biff Poggi as new Head Football Coach

Don’t understand this at all.

6 Likes

He may pay for the stadium expansion and coach the team.

1 Like

clt says this may be brilliant, we pay him $1

3 Likes

I am trying to find some way to rationalize this.

Someone wanna run down the full story of the TD Ameritrade CEO that became Coastal Carolina’s Head Coach?

I guess that was at least somewhat successful.

That dude was independently wealthy too.

1 Like

So the other options were:

1. Skip Holtz

2. SEC DC - ??

3. B1G OC - ??

Any guesses?

Someone want to explain this to me? I’m clearly too dumb to get it.

Probably Clayton White at South Carolina.

1 Like

Swing and miss.

1 Like

Am I reading this right? Holtz interviewed and we went with a HS football coach?

Tell me that’s not right!

Is he working for free?

2 Likes

Release the black helicopters. Something seems to be amiss.

1 Like

Of all the open FBS HC jobs, are we the first to make a hire???

1 Like

I wish him the best, but truly hope this wasn’t a hire to cheap out on paying someone more credible.

1 Like

Macdonald, now 34, was in his first season as a coordinator and had joined the Michigan staff after having worked with John Harbaugh in Baltimore. “I leaned on (Poggi) tremendously, whether it was his advice on how to handle certain situations or how he’d get things done, program-wise,” Macdonald said. “He was an incredible asset to me, quite frankly.

“He doesn’t sugarcoat sh–, and you learn to appreciate that about him. He knows what buttons to push. He knew when to gas me up to give me confidence, and he knew when to sit me down to give me advice. He just knows. It’s like, ‘Damn, this guy is the godfather.'”

1 Like

My bet on the B1G OC was Barry Lunney at Illinois. Former UTSA OC who got an extension announced about a week or two ago.

1 Like

2 Likes

“We can build a championship program at Charlotte, and I can’t wait to get started.”

1 Like

Oh shit. It’s real.

2 Likes

“Get ready to win!”
Nick Saban

4 Likes