Charlotte vs. #17 Xaver, 2009

Final score: Charlotte 65, Xavier 60

Video for download is here: [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=399V54R7[/URL]

Will this win REALLY go down in the annals of Niner history? I mean really.

we should probably have at least one thing from this year.

Considered how badly we sucked and how much we needed something to lessen the bitterness of the season it was a huge win.

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;402781]Considered how badly we sucked and how much we needed something to lessen the bitterness of the season it was a huge win.[/QUOTE]
If that’s a criterion, I’ll take our win over Cincinnati in 2002-03.

I just downloaded the video and the image is just a bunch of lines. The audio is fine but I don’t see anything.

Qualifications for something becoming a thread right now:

-I have video of it

OR

-Someone else requests it

Gill requested this in ANOTHER Niner history thread, so I figured people wanted it. I’ll put a bunch of stuff up in the summer, but right now I’m not going to make any non-video threads because those actually take MORE work and I don’t think people like them as much anyway.

As for the video problems, it’s probably because I tried to make it one big file instead of a bunch of separate ones. Let me know if this video of the women’s A-10 (
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49DI0E7A
) works. If not, then that’s definitely the problem and I’ll just split it up. If not…uh…I have no idea.

qft

But it is a game of interest and has some merit. You can never have too thorough a Niners’ history.

Just seems sad to me that in we are including a win over a #17 team in Niner history. Have we fallen this far…wait don’t answer that.

At this point, sad as it may be, it’s the biggest win in a lot of our students’ tenures here. Is it the highest moment in our history? Hell no. But considering the ****ty season and the down seasons we’ve had, it deserves mention.

Thinking we’re too good to recognize this in our history is no reason to sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn’t happen.

As for the video problems, it's probably because I tried to make it one big file instead of a bunch of separate ones. Let me know if this video of the women's A-10 ( [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49DI0E7A[/URL] ) works. If not, then that's definitely the problem and I'll just split it up. If not...uh...I have no idea.

Women’s video is messed up too.

[B]I[/B] think that a bunch of people requested this video and that’s enough for it to be here. If you think this section is only for the very best moments in Niner history, you’ve completely misunderstood what we’re trying to do here. It’s about sharing knowledge and multimedia, that’s the goal. If someone requests video of our home win over SLU in 08, it’s getting a thread because I can put video up for it. This isn’t about creating a log of ONLY the pivotal moments in our school’s history, it’s about getting all of our resources together so a new fan doesn’t have to furiously hunt them down like we all have to. This argument about how important our win over Xavier REALLY was is completely beside the point.

Edit: Thanks, Hoo. I’ll put it up in separate parts ASAP.

Just seems sad to me that in we are including a win over a #17 team in Niner history. Have we fallen this far...wait don't answer that.
This isn't just a highlights section. It's a compendium of Niner knowledge, any and all of which is welcome. You can never have too thorough a Niners' history.
This isn't just a highlights section. It's a compendium of Niner knowledge, any and all of which is welcome. You can never have too thorough a Niners' history.

Thank you, Will.

The entire Xavier game is on YouTube:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRbGIIlXN9M]Part 1[/URL]

Can you download stuff off Youtube? If so, I can forget putting the game up here myself and move on with my life.

how about a thread about the louisville game from 2004 at halton

how about a thread about the louisville game from 2004 at halton
Agreed.
If so, I can forget putting the game up here myself and move on with my life.
Not so fast....... You still have to come up with a way to bring back the [B][SIZE=4]GOLD DUSTER THREAD[/SIZE][/B] !!!
Can you download stuff off Youtube? If so, I can forget putting the game up here myself and move on with my life.

You can with proper software.