Charlotte = Worst Top 25 Team Ever

Courtesy of CBS Sportsline:

[B]Worst Top 25 team, ever:[/B] Whoever has been voting for Charlotte in the Top 25 – the 49ers had two votes last week – needs to switch sports. Charlotte isn’t good. Charlotte is, in fact, bad. The 49ers lost 53-38 late last week at home to Mississippi State, scoring nine points in the first half. Mind you, Mississippi State [COLOR=black]isn’t any good, either. The Bulldogs then lost at home to Northwestern State. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9066779][COLOR=black]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9066779[/COLOR][/URL]

Damn… can’t say I really disagree with him, though.

DAMN…now I know this season is really screwed…and I was JUST starting to feel a little better about the season.

Keenan Jones’ 3-pointer with 44 seconds left in overtime lifted Northwestern State to a 76-75 victory over Mississippi State on Saturday night.

Mississippi State, which blew a 21-point second-half lead, had a chance to win it after Jones missed two free throws with 34.3 seconds remaining and the Bulldogs called a time-out with 12.4 seconds left

Sounds like this guy just has something against the A-10. I know we are struggling right now but I don’t think our team chemistry has come together like it will come March. Plus, this moron has Texas as his number one! They just got beat by Iowa.

I know we lost to Mississippi State but you really can’t base the rest of our season on that game. We played horrible and shot horrible. I know Miss St. is not good but didn’t North Carolina lose to Santa Clara last year and look what happen to them. We could win the rest of our games and I think we have the potential to do so.

As painful as that is to read, it is more painful to realize that it is true.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;141488]Sounds like this guy just has something against the A-10.[/QUOTE]

I guess that explains Doyel (a former Charlotte Observer writer) ranking GW #10 in his preseason Top 25.

Link: Sportsline Preseason Top 25

Niner fans, last time I checked, there are 24 games left in the season counting tonight and not counting the A10 Tournament. Charlotte has a crucial stretch coming up here in the next few weeks before the big game against Indiana on Dec 19th. Be good fans and support your team and start by showing up tonight!!! This team will be just fine…I promise.

[QUOTE=styleswill;141489]I know we lost to Mississippi State but you really can’t base the rest of our season on that game. [/QUOTE]

We’re not basing the rest of the season on THAT game. We’re basing it on all 5 we’ve played and we’re 2-3 after losing to 3 not so good teams.

Doyel is taking a pulse. It’s instantaneous and not forward-looking. As a current assessment, you can not disagree, and it’s ridiculous to think he’s indicting an entire conference based on one team.

His statement is true as of right now but give it a few more games and the chemistry will come around. They just need to quit shooting so many damn 3’s and give the ball to Withers. Starting out 2-3 isn’t so bad as long as we can get on a streak and shoot more consistently. Remember in 2003 we lost 9 games and lost to some poor teams such as Rhode Island and last year to ECU and Rutgers. Everyone should keep their head up and support the team. And during the 2nd half lets quit saying “you suck” to the other team…especially when we are losing at the time.

And lets quit saying "you suck" to the other team...It sucks as a cheer!.

FIXED

[QUOTE=49er1;141507]We’re not basing the rest of the season on THAT game. We’re basing it on all 5 we’ve played and we’re 2-3 after losing to 3 not so good teams.[/QUOTE]

We’re 2-3 and haven’t played anyone that will finish in the rpi top 150.

Worst Top 25 team, ever??? Yeah, we have sucked so far, and we are certainly the worst “top 25” team this year, but I don’t think we are the worst (preseason) top 25 team in the history of college basketball.

[QUOTE=49erpi;141529]We’re 2-3 and haven’t played anyone that will finish in the rpi top 150.[/QUOTE]

PI, I would think Mississippi State and Northwestern will finish in the top 150 due to their conference affiliations. NU came in at #121 last season. While I don’t expect MSU to replicate #31 with this year’s team, the only SEC team to finish outside the top 150 last year was Georgia.

[QUOTE=run49er;141533]PI, I would think Mississippi State and Northwestern will finish in the top 150 due to their conference affiliations. NU came in at #121 last season. While I don’t expect MSU to replicate #31 with this year’s team, the only SEC team to finish outside the top 150 last year was Georgia.[/QUOTE]

It will be close.

NW just lost to Northwstern St.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;141483]Courtesy of CBS Sportsline:

[B]Worst Top 25 team, ever:[/B] Whoever has been voting for Charlotte in the Top 25 – the 49ers had two votes last week – needs to switch sports. Charlotte isn’t good. Charlotte is, in fact, bad. The 49ers lost 53-38 late last week at home to Mississippi State, scoring nine points in the first half. Mind you, Mississippi State [COLOR=black]isn’t any good, either. The Bulldogs then lost at home to Northwestern State. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9066779][COLOR=black]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9066779[/COLOR][/URL][/QUOTE]

Everythin he said is 100% dead balls-on accurate.

If we had a sac, we would use this as bulletin board material.

I hope Bobby posts this article and the other “Fraud” article in the locker room. Maybe this will help motivate them and wake them up a little bit. On the other hand, a bad team IS a bad team…jury’s still out.