Cheickna Dembele - 2016 C offer

Price watched him tonight and offered. Iowa State, St Joes, Mizzou and NCSU have also offered. Dembele just came over from Mali in November and is at Scotland Performance Institute in PA.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/4177-npsi-day-three-cheickna-dembele-becomes-more-than-a-name

please land this kid. i know we are up against steep competition but he can start from day one. that has to mean something.

If Price can land a recruit like this, then it’ll go a long way to convincing me he can recruit top post players to the program. We’ve done pretty well with getting guards to come here so far, which kind of makes sense given Price’s background.

I would guess if they extended the offer that there’s at least a chance he might come, but I don’t know if the interest is mutual. He would certainly have all kinds of opportunity to get playing time right away. It’ll be tough though given the programs coming after him.

The good news is this kid is from Mali, so he probably doesn’t even know who Rob Moxley is. ;D

SCOTLAND!

I thought according to our '16-'17 roster, we are booked with our 13 scholarships… Or are we planning on someone transferring/Price telling someone to leave? I definitely understand this is a priority since I’m sure they don’t want the center position to be only Benas and Bergang.

[quote=“NY NINER, post:6, topic:30168”]I thought according to our '16-'17 roster, we are booked with our 13 scholarships… Or are we planning on someone transferring/Price telling someone to leave? I definitely understand this is a priority since I’m sure they don’t want the center position to be only Benas and Bergang.[/quote]This day in age, there is always a guy to leave.

I would assume they think someone will leave.

Dembele is ranked #149 overall at 247sports.

Best I can tell, we are no longer recruiting Dembele.