Chill out with downing curt

Alot of you are quick to say that curt is having a bad season and yes he is not doing as well as he did last year or even this summer. What you all are not putting into mind is that after last year most of our players got the off season to chill out and get ready for this season. Whereas, curt continued to play the whole summer. He played with big names so he had to work his a$$ off this summer to compete with these other players to make sure that his name came out on top because most of you all know that being a part of our team (the team that is well underrated)his name isnt as known as the others. Well he was successful this summer with putting his name out there as well as ours. What im trying to say is that the man is worn down. He has been playing his heart out non-stop at a higher level of competition. So ya’ll can just chill out and lay off of him. He is still doing exceptionally well because he still has the second highest percentage of points on the time. Let the man do what he does. He does not need to be coached. I can not stand you all acting like the man can not play ball. So untill you understand it would be beneficial if you all just let the man be. I am sure that if he was dunking 8 times a game then you all would all of a sudden be his closest friend and think that he is the best thing to grace a basketball court. Let go and let him play.

I really wish every new person that comes to this board to post once or twice would learn to use paragraphs. It makes their point so much easier to understand and read. Eventheoccasionalproperspacingmakes adifference. SeewhatI mean? Otherwise, it’s hard to comprehend what you are really trying to say let alone expect we’ll get any sort of response from a rambling 2-poster. :wink:

I don’t know if I’ve read any posts that “bash” Curt. Like any other player, we want to see our guys play to their fullest. When Curt had a great year last year, followed up by a very special summer (both for him and our school/team), our expectations only increased.

When your double-double machine has a few bad games to start off the season, of course there are going to be questions and complaints. Heck, if I were a Cincy fan, I’d still be wondering why Maxiell wasn’t a National Player of the Year.

I think Withers has been very good the last couple of games, with the only exception being turnovers. And that’s probably not all on him.

So here’s a post for you, GSpot. Go Curt, rip the bearcats a new one. We need ya big fella!

Kids at that age should be able to play every day at a very high level and not get burned out. I think Curtis turns it up when he really wants to. I’m not going to bash him because he is and will continue to be a big part of our success. I do wish he were a little more consistent though.

I don’t think it’s so much of a bashing of him as it is a frustration. We all saw him last year, we know what he CAN do, but he hasn’t been doing it this year. He’s shown flashes but hasn’t been the consistent go to guy we all expected him to be. I don’t think many people here are calling him out saying he’s a terrible basketball player or anything, it’s more of a general head scratching as to why he’s been plaything this way.

As long as we keep winning the complaints won’t get too loud, it’s going to be the game he doesn’t show up for and we lose that will really get people around here started.

Totally agree with 2 previous posts. I haven’t seen any withers bashing. Just some folks hoping he’d get back to last year level.We gotta have withers to do anything in the dance…or to get there for that matter. Fact is,lutz expected “the martian” to step up his game and take some of the load off Curtis,and it seems like the opposite has gone down.When you got a 7ft. statue in the game,it puts more pressure on everyone else. Now…if you want to accuse me of ITI bashing…GUILTY AS CHARGED.

[b]Kids at that age should be able to play every day at a very high level and not get burned out.[/b]

Amen. Balancing classes with college basketball as a player is somewhat challenging, but if Curt is burned out at age 20 from playing this summer he needs to think hard about turning pro.

I have criticized Curt, but mainly about his receiving of the ball in the post. Somebody that strong with hands that size shouldn’t have trouble catching the basketball. His shot has been off during certain games this year, but that happens. Despite what many say, his hustle is still there, and that’s what really counts. The rest has a chance to come around so long as the hustle remains.

Balancing B-ball and classes is hard? I hate it for him if he doesn’t make the NBA. Then he can balance a job with whatever else he chooses to do.

Was school that hard? I remember very little because I was in a stupor most of the time and graduated in 4 years. Of course that was 16 yrs ago, things could have gotten harder.

If Curt is unable to recover from playing basketball this past summer there may be a serious physical problem. Lets hope that is not the case. I can’t imagine anyone being down on someone who is incapable of recuperation between games.

[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 07:53 PM [b] Totally agree with 2 previous posts. I haven't seen any withers bashing. Just some folks hoping he'd get back to last year level.We gotta have withers to do anything in the dance...or to get there for that matter. Fact is,lutz expected "the martian" to step up his game and take some of the load off Curtis,and it seems like the opposite has gone down.When you got a 7ft. statue in the game,it puts more pressure on everyone else. Now...if you want to accuse me of ITI bashing...GUILTY AS CHARGED. [/b]
Personally, I don't see why any of our players should be bashed. All are working their asses off. In the games Iti didn't do much, he was still "cheerleading" for the team. Maybe now he realizes he needs 4 years...and is enjoying college and winning.

And besides, he chose to come here and not leave over the summer even with other people telling him he should. Why not bash the hundreds of players who never came to play for the Charlotte 49ers?!?!!? Aren’t they the problem?

[b]In the games Iti didn't do much, he was still "cheerleading" for the team. Maybe now he realizes he needs 4 years...and is enjoying college and winning.[/b]

I agree, I’ve been very impressed with the attitude I’ve perceived from Iti. He seems to be a team player whether on the bench or on the court. All the players are working hard this season, the free throw improvements are just one example of that…