ChiSox vs Over40

Cast your vote in this Sweet 16 matchup

Before I can vote I need to see what each competitor is bringing to the table. This is a potential ESPN Classic matchup right here.

[QUOTE=J Felt;229570]Before I can vote I need to see what each competitor is bringing to the table. This is a potential ESPN Classic matchup right here.[/QUOTE]

I bring quality threads such as “dollar pints” and “best drink specials in town”, and I bring hypeness to basketball games. :shades:

Wow… what a matchup!

I’m doomed. I understand the Observer is doing a front page, full page story warning readers to refrain from voting for me. :biggrin:

I think this is a good time to remind everyone about the big NNN Party I’ll be throwing after I win this thing. We’re having FREE BEER, steaks, barbecue, boiled shrimp, grilled chicken, burgers, and STRIPPERS.

No, I’m not letting HP furnish the strippers (bad news for jcl).

I would also b[/b] like to encourage b[/b] all remaining participants b[/b] to refrain from using b[/b] campaign tactics such as b[/b] subliminal advertising.

My starting lineup consisted of Demon, Plavy, Jobey, Ian, and Kyle Chruch…

I think not having a post presense may hurt me…

Hard one. I think I have to give it to Over40 since he doesn’t support the detestable White Sox. Then again, “Yeeeeeeah 49ers pep band!” Tough, tough.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;229698]Hard one. I think I have to give it to Over40 since he doesn’t support the detestable White Sox. Then again, “Yeeeeeeah 49ers pep band!” Tough, tough.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I drank an unrememberable number of beers with 49er pep band members after a certain NCAA Tourney loss a couple of years ago. I think I may have some of their endorsements.

I think I’ll choose my vote based on how well each contestant performs at the baseball game.

[QUOTE=J Felt;229712]I think I’ll choose my vote based on how well each contestant performs at the baseball game.[/QUOTE]

hahha shoot, in that case, gibve me your vote :shades:

hahha shoot, in that case, gibve me your vote :shades:

You got it.

Especially for that “Tubby, Tubby!” part…

Am I a terrible person for laughing when the guy hit the wall? It sucks he got hurt, but person + wall + in the park home run = funny, right? I think we all stopped laughing when he didn’t get up, however.

I thought it was funny. He ended up being fine, I think. We stood up and clapped for him when he got up, so I don’t feel bad.

It didn’t look like he hit the fence that hard, but I was worried that he twisted a knee or ankle when he kept laying there. I was glad he was ok.

I was also glad that many of our fans gave him an ovation.

I think the people around me were kind of hesitant to clap or show some respect for the opposition, so I made them. Its classless to laugh at an injured opposing player, so I turned to the guys behind me and got them all standing and clapping.

I thought the fact that so many of us stood and clapped for the injured player made us look quite classy…

And how did Chisox just get 3 votes in 5 minutes? I was up 2, now I’m down 1. :sad:

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;229898]I thought the fact that so many of us stood and clapped for the injured player made us look quite classy…[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought we did a good job of heckling mercilessly, yet not going over the top. But what was up with Uh-Huh guy last night?? He came over to me and the guys I was sitting with and tried to tell us we were giving out fans/team a bad reputation. What?? We never said anything vulgar or obscene, and were cheering the NINERS on just as much, or more than we were heckling St Joes. None of us could understand what he was upset about. We were just trying to have fun, get loud, and give the opposition some crap, while still cheering on our team… :huh:

I couldn’t tell if the Uh-Huh guy was being serious or not when he said that. If he was, it’s possible that he’s not big on heckling, even though he is obviously a strong supporter of making some noise and supporting the team.

One thing is for sure. The atmosphere at home baseball games has dramatically improved since the stadium renovation.

Sorry Chisox ! You made my Cinderella list. But, I have to go with powerhouse Over40Niner.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Chisox picked up 4 votes at the same time Mike P picked up 4 votes in his matchup.

Looks like those Observer folks are finally showing up for work. :biggrin: