CHN's "144 Teams in 144 Days"

The latest teams ā€œbetterā€ than the Ninersā€¦ :rolleyes:

58 - Arkansas Razorbacks
59 - Seton Hall Pirates

Today picksā€¦

56 - Texas Tech Red Raiders
57 - Marquette Golden Eagles

Mr. Welser picks MU to be NIT-bound again. Guess he wrote his piece before the announcement that the Golden Eagles had picked up Israeli guard Niv Berkowitz since there is no mention of him.

I find it intresting that seton hall would be ranked so high after losing andre barrett. I could see that though, but come on, BYU? Theyā€™re nothing without Arruyo.

Mr. Welser is really losing credibility with me (as if he still had any after projecting the Niners at #62!). Nevada loses their coach, Kirk Snyder to the NBA, and their PG to graduation, not to mention the season-ending loss of Marcelus Kemp to an ACL injury, and this guy picks them 8 spots ahead of us!!! Geezā€¦ :rolleyes:

54 - Nevada Wolf Pack
55 - Iowa Hawkeyes

To begin this weekā€¦

51 - Xavier Musketeers
52 - Virginia Cavaliers
53 - LSU Tigers

More ā€œbetterā€ than the Ninersā€¦

44 - Villanova Wildcats
45 - Rice Owls
46 - DePaul Blue Demons
47 - Tennessee Volunteers
48 - UCLA Bruins
49 - Providence Friars
50 - Miami Redhawks

My Monday morning comic relief.

I am still talking to the guy periodically, just for amusement. He isnā€™t a jerk at all, but I did chuckle when he asked me about Lewis & Goldwire after I forwarded Katzā€™s daily word piece. I donā€™t think he knows anything about them. He also knows nothing about Drayton.

Oh, and as a Vol fan, heā€™s nuts. They have ex Memphis Tiger Scooter McFadgon, underrated 6ā€™10 banger Brandon Crump, solid pg CJ Watson & Major ā€œdisappointmentā€ Wingate. Major (6ā€™10, 258 C) was going to own the world one day if you asked the prep scouts 3 years ago. His ā€œbreakoutā€ frosh campaign last season:

3.6 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.0 fouls pg in 16.2 mpg.

His best game was probably 8 pts & 6 rebs versus Kentucky on Jan. 20th. That was his career high in rebs & 1 below his career high scoring mark.

:rolleyes:

And, oh, they are NOT better than we are. They have no bench and played like crap on the road. (They won ONE road game all last season - versus UMass, compared to our 10-4 mark). Their last game last season was a first round NIT LOSS to mighty George Mason.

I can see why they were rated that much higher than us. Itā€™s obvious.

ā€œSeventh place in the conference isnā€™t as bad as it seems.ā€

What a crock. Iā€™ll be interested to see where Cincy, UAB, Memphis, and Louisville ended up on this joke of a list.

41 - UAB Blazers
42 - Toledo Rockets
43 - Indiana Hoosiers

at least we will get the chance to prove them wrong on two of these.

[b]43 - Indiana Hoosiers[/b]

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!

youmustbef-ingkiddingme!

Pretty Funny, but that isnā€™t the punchline, itā€™s just the set-up for this one
Todayā€™s Team - #41

UAB Blazers

Please this is just pathetic, I know some were defending CHN after giving us the #63 ranking but a pick like this erases all credibility no matter how biased we may be as niner fans. I think this proves that they probably just watched some march madness last year and figured they knew it all. Mo Finley is gone as well as Gabe Kennedy, about the only inside player they had with size and experience. He was an important part to their tournament run and they couldnā€™t have won one NCAA game without him. Our team has two or three good players replacing the one going out while UAB has no real answer to replacing Kennedy. Yet somehow we are worse than last year while UAB must have caught that ā€œTourney Feverā€ which is good for at least 8 extra wins. I doubt anybody with credibility is even seriously considering UAB to make a CUSA title run, maybe a dark horse at best. Can we get AttallaBlaze in here to defend this, Iā€™d like to see him try.

Sorry, realize we are #62, donā€™t want to degrade us any further.

Oh donā€™t worry, theyā€™ll spend 3/4 of next season making excuses for UAB not living up to expectations, much like how Marquette was somehow disappointing last season.

The next threeā€¦

38 - Missouri Tigers
39 - Saint Josephā€™s Hawks
40 - Vanderbilt Commodores

Link: CHN 144 Teams in 144 Days

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 10:24 AM [b] The next three...

38 - Missouri Tigers
39 - Saint Josephā€™s Hawks
40 - Vanderbilt Commodores

Link: CHN 144 Teams in 144 Days [/b]

Please pardon me whilst I proceed to do this:

St Joeā€™s #39 & Vandy #40???

At the very real risk of offending our occassional St Joeā€™s visitor, they lost too much from last season to deserve this kind of ranking, especially compared to our #62. Not only are West & Nelson gone, putting all the scoring burden on Carroll, but they are being forced to start one time Niner recruit Abdulai Jalloh (sp?), a frosh, at the point. Wasnā€™t our supposed ā€œinexperienceā€ and lack of depth at PG the primary justification for rating us so low? WTF then? St Joeā€™s has one PG, and heā€™s a frosh, and not any more heralded than Lewis or Goldwire. So where we have a redshirt junior plus two guys as heralded, they have one, and weā€™re inferior. Come again?

Iā€™m gonna let it go now. The absurdity has spilled over into incredulous hilarity.

Yea some of these picks are beyond reason. Where do you guys think the Niners should be?

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 02:10 PM [b] Yea some of these picks are beyond reason. Where do you guys think the Niners should be? [/b]
35-45 at least.

Iā€™d say about 40th, that probably the most respect weā€™d get even if rashad mccants was transferring to charlotte. Seventh in the conference, bull. Cincinatti is down, Marquette may be good if their big men recruits are more than just big. Memphis and Louisville are the only teams that will give us an even fight, on paper at least. As for what other teams are supposed to be ahead of us, crap. I say we finish 2nd in the conference behind louisville, who I believe will be a juggernaut, if everyone stays healthy.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM)