CHN's "144 Teams in 144 Days"

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Oct 7 2004, 03:02 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Oct 7 2004, 03:02 PM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM [b]

Their putting too much in to what the teams did last year. Vandy lost it best player, St. Joe’s lost their 2 best players and UAB lost 1 if not 2 of their best players.

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 03:10 PM [b] Yea some of these picks are beyond reason. Where do you guys think the Niners should be? [/b]

20-30

If you don’t agree, name 30 teams that will be better than the Niners this season.

15-20.

No bull.

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner+Oct 7 2004, 04:30 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NovaNiner @ Oct 7 2004, 04:30 PM)

I certainly expected to see us in the 30-40 range when we first posted this thread. Number 62 was quite a shock, surprise, insult, etc.

Once again, I think C-USA will be a wide-open race with Louisville and Memphis leading the way. Still, I like our chances of coming out on top. Like last year, I expect Cincy and DePaul to be in the mix. If Marquette can get contributions beyond Diener and Novak, then they should be a factor also. Whether UAB can do it again remains to be seen. I do expect another surprise team – perhaps TCU or even Southern Miss. Saint Louis should be as solid as usual, but not sure they have the horses to compete with the lead pack.

GO NINERS! #62 MY A$$!!!

[b]ElDuke, how about also comparing us to your boys? You do have the usual hamburger AA's, but hype aside, would you feel very confident about a neutral court game against us? [/b]

Would I feel confident? Yea I think so. I’m not saying Duke would win easily or is guaranteed to win by any means but I think Duke is probably top 20 (not top 10)and Charlotte is right behind them(25-35). Duke plays pretty well on neutral sites, and they still have a solid group of really good players. JJ will be JJ. Daniel Ewing is often overlooked and Sean Dockery and Shavlik Randolph have made consistent improvement which I expect to continue this year. Shelden Williams is just better than most people realize and I expect alot of folks will find that out this year. I find it funny how everyone is saying Duke will miss Duhon so much when in the preseason last year everyone thought he was going to be Duke’s big weakness. That and the fact that K almost always is at his best when Duke is not expected to be a top 5 team. Every year Duke is picked apart in the preseason yet expectations are high, and most of the time Duke manages to do pretty well anyway. There’s a reason for that…and that reason says alot of naughty words sometimes :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 10:16 AM [b] There's a reason for that...and that reason says alot of naughty words sometimes :D [/b]
Just hope NASCAR doesn't find out. They will fine Coach K and take away points too! :P
[i]Originally posted by ElDuke[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:16 AM [b] Would I feel confident? Yea I think so. I'm not saying Duke would win easily or is guaranteed to win by any means but I think Duke is probably top 20 (not top 10)and Charlotte is right behind them(25-35). [/b]
I think that's pretty fair, and probably what most of us expected before we saw that ridiculous #62 & the Lindy's dis. We'd have to play our way into any higher ranking than that, which I guess we could do.

I do think you guys are weaker at PG than you’ve been in a while, which is why I think we’d match up ok with you. That’s our question mark too.

Well, NA, if you thought some of the latest ones were pretty funny…

35 - Southern Illinois Salukis
36 - Cincinnati Bearcats
37 - Oregon Ducks

Link: 144 Teams in 144 Days

we haven’t been to the second round of the NCAA since 2000

the so called most talented player on our team-Iti appears to have the heart of Wizard of Oz character.

we haven’t played defense in several seasons

I think 62 is accurate.

[b]we haven't been to the second round of the NCAA since 2000[/b]

That has nothing to do with this season.

[b]the so called most talented player on our team-Iti appears to have the heart of Wizard of Oz character.[/b]

Anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge knows that Iti will be at fourth best player on the team this season after Withers, Basden, and Drayton.

Today’s lone entry…

34 - Florida State Seminoles

BTW, I don’t think Iti is our 4th best player after Withers, Basden, and Drayton. I’d put Plavich ahead of him and probably Baldwin as well. Of course, he has all season to change my opinion, which I certainly hope he does.

And today’s winners are…

32 - UNLV Rebels
33 - George Washington Colonials

I’m not going to argue with George Washington. They are going to have a special team this year.

I think we got to see what they were capable of last year, and it would have still be a hard game with Withers playing.

Drumroll please…

30 - Stanford Cardinal
31 - UTEP Miners

If you want to see something truly hilarious check out DickieV’s top 30 at DickieV.com. He’s got Cincinatti in the top 25! How can someone who proclaims that college basketball is his life be so out of touch? Most of his top teams are what some puke intern at ABC sports might pick.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 11:34 AM [b] If you want to see something truly hilarious check out DickieV's top 30 at DickieV.com. He's got Cincinatti in the top 25! How can someone who proclaims that college basketball is his life be so out of touch? Most of his top teams are what some puke intern at ABC sports might pick. [/b]
DickieV.com seems to be an anti-Dick Vitale page.

sorry, try this http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn04080…ason-Top30.html

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 11:55 AM [b] sorry, try this [url=http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn040801Preseason-Top30.html]http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn04080...ason-Top30.html[/url] [/b]
I figured out what you meant.

I agree, it was another ridiculous list.