Chris Lowe - 2005

He is from Mount Vernon High School in Westchester County, New York. He will make his decision late and the schools he lists include: UTEP, St. John’s, Charlotte and Temple, although no one has offered as of yet. He is still working on increasing his SAT score. Appears UTEP is showing the most interest so far.

He is defined as a fearless floor leader, is great at getting inside the lane, is crafty off the dribble, and likes the step-back jumper where he can create space for himself. Also said to be very tough.

Forgot I had posted on him back in July…here is the original link.

Chris Lowe - original post

Are we still recruiting him?

I watched Mt. Vernon play St. Patricks of Newark on TV the other night and Mt. Vernon (a public school) dominated a very talented and annually one of the top private schools.

Chris Lowe can play, he is a true point guard. He controls tempo very well and can get into the lane and kick out. Good handle and best of all he is left handed.
He seems to have a very good understanding of tempo and controlling a game, not so sure of his shooting ability, since I didn’t really see him shoot much.

The team he plays on is really good with a junior by the name of Jonathan Mitchell who is getting recruited by Syracuse, UCONN, Duke and Kentucky. The school has been pumping out top D1 talent the past 5 years.

I like him as a point because he is used to playing and passing instead of being the super star and shooting. I have a feeling he will stay up north, seems like all the Mt. Vernon kids stay somewhat close to home, but you never know.

We recruited another mt vernon product in the past and came up short…Ben Gordon, of Uconn? I think that was him…

He now has offers from Virginia Tech, Temple, St. John’s and Providence.

March 3, 2005

He may end up at Prep School next year, assuming he doesn’t make grades as he currently stands.

He is currently talking about visits to: Virginia Tech, St. John’s, St. Joe’s, and West Virginia. We are mentioned as a “Medium” interest for Lowe and Charlotte has not offered as of yet. They too may be waiting for his SAT scores.

He has averaged 11.1 ppg this season.

The headline says it all. We’ll see Lowe in Halton, just not in a Niner uniform.

Link: Mount Vernon’s Lowe to sign with UMass

More on Lowe’s signing with UMass…

Point guard Lowe signs with UMass

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 10:30 PM [b] He is from Mount Vernon High School in Westchester County, New York. He will make his decision late and the schools he lists include: UTEP, St. John's, Charlotte and Temple, although no one has offered as of yet. He is still working on increasing his SAT score. Appears UTEP is showing the most interest so far.

He is defined as a fearless floor leader, is great at getting inside the lane, is crafty off the dribble, and likes the step-back jumper where he can create space for himself. Also said to be very tough. [/b]

HAHAHAHA THAT WHERE IM FROM… YONKERS, NY REPRESENT