Chris Reynolds

Like what I saw from Reynolds. Small sample size but I liked the way he placed the ball where only his receiver could get to it. Had a couple tough passes placed perfectly but not brought in by the receiver. Showed great quickness on spin move to escape what I thought was a sure sack then got 7 or 8 yards on that scramble for first down on the play.

Agree on all counts.

One of the best high school QB Iā€™ve ever watched. This doesnā€™t surprise me at all. Iā€™m excited to see our QB position play out this season! First year we might see something decent.

He was a great playmaker the couple times I saw him play. The CPC was a great football conference and it was fun to watch him and Joe Butts(North Davidson) play.

1 Like

Since you first saw his greatness, what do you think about Hill setting a path forward for Reynolds to be groomed for a future head coaching opportunity? (after years of experience of course)? He has already seen the life of a head coach, has had two very different college head coaches, been exposed to numerous opposition coaches and Charlotte position coach? Natural leader, driven competitor, winnerā€¦

2 Likes

Can Chris Reynolds use his Covid year at another school or does he have to do it here at Charlotte?

This is an interesting position heā€™s in and the coach is in.

The ability to bring back your all time leading passer and a fantastic veteran would be a huge temptation.

Iā€™m a little shocked we have not heard that heā€™s coming back already and that makes me think either:

1. Heā€™s had enough and is ready to start the next phase of his life. If he does want to go into coaching then I hope heā€™s an assistant on our staff next year.

2. Heā€™s going to go play somewhere else.

I pick #1

Saw this discussed in another thread but thought the conversation should be here:

3 Likes

Thank god I was wrong on the choices. I should have had #3. Heā€™s gonna think it over for a while then come back.

1 Like

And he is very correct. Our fans seem to think Joe Montana is coming through the door. Foster had a year to beat him out and didnā€™t. He now has another shot to beat him out. Doubt he does. Chris is a great athlete, he just deserves a better defense.

2 Likes

Love that heā€™s coming backā€¦better get the d in order. Cannot get boat raced again every week next season and expect an improvement.

Super glad he is sticking around. Donā€™t think we have a ready replacement. Now letā€™s get him a working defense and win 6+. Canā€™t imagine weā€™d have a better chance at a conference championship before leaving CUSA with anyone else. Would love for him to go out on a high note with 7 or 8 wins. Itā€™d be nice for Healy to secure our trajectory in the right direction as well.

4 Likes