Christian Fussell - 2020 C - committed to Middle Tennessee

Niners have offered Christian Fussell, 6-10 C of Greenforest McCalep Christian Academy in Decatur, GA.

https://hoopseen.com/news/player/201906/offers-rolling-christian-fussell-after-team-camp-weekend

Georgia tech is the only thing on that offer sheet that makes me the least bit nervous. Would be a big add.

Got me curious about the make-up of the GT roster. Although there are five players from the Atlanta metro area, four are transfers (from Tennessee, Texas, USC, and VMI, respectfully). As such, looks like Pastner is more successful with those “homesick” for the ATL than he is with freshmen.

Anyway, Fussell’s offers from Mississippi State, Saint Louis, and VCU cause me concern as well. Plus he seemed to have a pretty good unofficial recently in Boone!

does that write-up surprise anyone?

NOTE: link to premium content piece

Niners make the cut as Fussell trims his 20+ offers down to five!

1 Like

If we can’t land him, maybe we can get one of those other 4 guys.

1 Like

Actually have 20 offers for the 2020 class, though some like Geronimo and Key are most likely unrealistic targets. Anyway, nice to see we are getting serious consideration.

No word on how unofficial went?

Dayton has been added to his Top 5, buh-bye St. Louis.

Interesting since Dayton wasn’t among his 26 offers from which initially he announced his top five.

Anthony Grant apparently made quite an impression with Fussell. If he commits to UD, then the former probably will be marked off Travis Ford’s Christmas card list! :slight_smile:

More on Dayton making his top 5:

Hope he knows how cold it gets in Toledo.

3 Likes

There is always that one guy

Covfefe

2 Likes

I like that we are his last official visit.
I guess its possible he could be blown away by one of the earlier visits and cancel the rest. Otherwise, I like our chances.

1 Like