Cincy/Xavier Brawl

From Andy Katz on the Crosstown Brawl.

ESPN.com: A-10: Techs not warranted before brawl

And, of course, mucho coverage from the Cincy newspaper: Cincinnati Enquirer

Honestly, I would agree with you on normal circumstances. However, the dude that stomped Frease’s head into the floor should be charged. Standing up man to man fighting is one thing. Stomping on an already downed man’s face is not only cowardly and over the top, it could kill someone. I’d kick his ass off the team and press charges.

Jeff Goodman chimes in.

CBSSports.com: Good 'N Plenty: How will Cincy brawl affect highly touted Xavier?

Well, Tim Keown of ESPN: The Magazine doesn’t sugar-coat his feelings about the Crosstown Brawl.

ESPN.com: Cincy-Xavier: Where’s the discipline?

Plus Sean Miller “clarifies” his earlier remarks.

Zagsblog.com: Sean Miller Backtracks on Xavier Comments

More on the Crosstown Brawl…

CBSSports.com: Xavier’s Frease extends olive branch to Gates

CBSSports.com: Xavier AD wants to continue Cincinnati series

Cincinnati.com: What Matt Painter said about Xavier

ESPN.com: Prosecutor: no charges in brawl

Pretty good followup by Cincy sportswriter Paul Daugherty.

SI.com: Xavier, Cincy have gone in different directions since Crosstown brawl

While the main topic of this Katz piece is the Sun Belt officiating screw-up at the end of the recent Louisiana-Western Kentucky game, he gets in some pretty good digs at the A-10 concering the UC-XU game.

ESPN.com: Sun Belt reacting well to bad mistake

Follow-up pieces from ESPN now that a couple of months have passed.

ESPN.com: The post-brawl life for Tu Holloway

ESPN.com: Three miles, two schools, one punch

ESPN.com: Great rivalries are made of this …

Game being moved to a neutral site for next two seasons…

Cincinnati.com: Exclusive: Crosstown Shootout set for U.S. Bank Arena

Apparently some things to sort out - including when and where - according to Katz.

ESPN.com: Xavier, Cincinnati still sorting out the future

The players are going to be the same no matter where it’s played. I don’t see how playing at a site where there will be more of each school’s fans intermingled is going to make things better. If they still believe there is a problem, that tells me that the suspensions from the brawl last year weren’t long enough. Either end the series, or continue at home sites.

do they think the crowd will be less hostile? Now it will be more 50/50 in the stands, a lot more hate.

I think the idea is it allows them to put the students in more sterile locations.

US Bank Arena confirmed for next 2 years + name change, etc.

CBSSports.com: Cincy, Xavier enter two-year contract, release details of renewed series

Cincinnati.com: Shootout no more: UC-Xavier game gets new name, venue

I guess they were afraid guns would be involved next year? :-[ :-X The handling of this ordeal immediately, and long, after has been embarrassing for both schools.

X-Men and Bearkitties hit the hardwood tomorrow night for the 2013 edition!