CJ Pigford

I was watching the news last night and they were showing CIAA highlights and I heard a name from the past. CJ Pigford is in town with Elizabeth City State and led them to victory last night. I wondered whatever happened to him.

http://ecsuvikings.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/pigford_cj00.html

he’s their leading scorer. i think he is still foul prone. he was never really given the time of day here either.

The dunk he had against Tulane at the 04 conference tournament was one of the nastiest dunks I’ve ever seen in person - I don’t care that it got waved off because of a charge.

I had a couple of classes with C.J. - he was a cool guy. Glad he’s playing somewhere and doing well.

I have commented many times on that dunk CJ had. I actually have that game on tape so I have watched it in slowmo about 50 times. There is one point where he actually burries his nutts in the defenders face. I think its the nastiest dunk i’ve ever seen by a niner. Although I missed a few of Eddie’s that I only heard about on here. My brother actually went to ECSU, their sports teams arent much to brag about. But at least he is playing. Which brings me to another question, how the hell is this guy still playing. Isnt he like 28 by now, and didnt he only have one year of elgibility left after us?

I have often wondered why that dunk is not on our halftime highlight video. It was DISGUSTING.

Two others that were awesome but no footage exists that I know of:

1. Basden’s dunk against Houston in 2004-05
  2. Jermaine Williams posterizing Louisville’s Brandon Bender in 2001-02.

Ahhhhhh, the Eddie Basden Teabagging Incident.

Yeah, i have also wondered about his eligibility cause even after he quit playing basketball here, he was still taking classes. It is good to see that he is still playing and playing well but this is interesting.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;221766]Ahhhhhh, the Eddie Basden Teabagging Incident.[/QUOTE]
Eddie was pretty much horizontal in the air when he dunked that. Right before he jumped the Houston defender’s eyes got as big as saucers.

Link: http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8563&highlight=Basden+teabagging

One of the local news stations had video of that dunk, but I don’t think it was from a very good angle. Only showed him jumping into the defender, not his feet leaving the ground, if I remember correctly.

However, that one is still #1 on my list of Charlotte dunks I’ve seen in person.

I was at the Louisville game where Williams dunked on Bender, that was nasty but not even close to the the CJ dunk. I’ve had to guard Williams in pickup games before too, not fun. I guess no video of Eddie’s dunk ever really surfaced. And I thought youtube had it all.

[QUOTE=4t9er;221807]I was at the Louisville game where Williams dunked on Bender, that was nasty but not even close to the the CJ dunk. I’ve had to guard Williams in pickup games before too, not fun. I guess no video of Eddie’s dunk ever really surfaced. And I thought youtube had it all.[/QUOTE]
The thing about Jermaine’s dunk is how HARD he dunked it, and how fast it happened. He caught it, turned, jumped, and crammed it in what seemed like one fluid motion. And fifty years from now, Jermaine will be able to tell his grandkids, “Back in my day, I dunked on a guy and it was so sick that he QUIT THE TEAM.”

CJ is on the Deuce right now.