Class of 2017 MBB recruiting thread

Per Verbal Commits, Maye has been offered by VCU and Dayton.[/quote]
Per the Greenville Daily Reflector, wIll announce his college selection in a signing ceremony at Farmville Central H.S. tomorrow at 10AM.

I do not think he will be wearing Niner green next yr. He could come here and play big minutes as a freshman, but I think other programs will be his new home.

Sad. Isn’t this Jarvis Lang’s HS?

Sad. Isn’t this Jarvis Lang’s HS?[/quote]
Yes.

Per Verbal Commits, Maye has been offered by VCU and Dayton.[/quote]
Per the Greenville Daily Reflector, wIll announce his college selection in a signing ceremony at Farmville Central H.S. tomorrow at 10AM.[/quote]
Signed with VCU

I figured that was coming…
There has to be another Jon Davis-like late steal out there somewhere.
I hope so anyways.

I was really wanting Maye to sign with the Niners, we definitely need another good guard.

We need another guard in the worse kind of way. I cannot believe I am actually saying that since we have had so many guards the past few years. If we do not get another one, then we may end up with Ajukwa playing lots of time in the backcourt.

[quote=“woodniner, post:108, topic:30905”]We need another guard in the worse kind of way. I cannot believe I am actually saying that since we have had so many guards the past few years. If we do not get another one, then we may end up with Ajukwa playing lots of time in the backcourt.[/quote]I think Ajukwa can play the 2 if needed. I don’t think we’re dun yet.

Rob Peterson, 6’5" SG at Charlotte Christian (Buzz Peterson Jr.)
still out there.

[quote=“ninerJ, post:110, topic:30905”]Rob Peterson, 6’5" SG at Charlotte Christian (Buzz Peterson Jr.)
still out there.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IU_Yh858Go[/youtube][/quote]I’d take him as a preferred walk-on. Otherwise, I think he’ll end up at a prep school or a LM program.

Per Verbal Commits, picked up an offer from UConn. Reported to be visiting New Mexico today before heading to Storrs on Wednesday to meet with the Huskies.[/quote]
Whaley commits to UConn.

Per Verbal Commits, picked up an offer from UConn. Reported to be visiting New Mexico today before heading to Storrs on Wednesday to meet with the Huskies.[/quote]
Whaley commits to UConn.[/quote]

He can learn under Eric Cobb I guess.

Saw that 6-8 SF Morgan McKay of Christ School near Asheville committed to Arkansas State of the Sun Belt. From further reading, sounds like recruiting experts at one time were expecting bigger things from him - ranked #12 In state as a sophomore, projected to be high major recruit, etc. Had fallen to #104 as a senior!

Per Verbal Commits, 6-7 SF Duane Moss of Carolina Forest H.S. in Myrtle Beach is headed to Chattanooga. The son of Benny Moss had originally signed with Youngstown State but released from NLI following coaching change in April.

Disturbs me.

Disturbs me.[/quote]Why? We offered Moss a LONG time ago and it’s been pretty clear that we never recruited him hard.

Disturbs me.[/quote]Why? We offered Moss a LONG time ago and it’s been pretty clear that we never recruited him hard.[/quote]

That’s why. Duh.

I agree…I mentioned Moss to a member of the coaching staff over a year ago and it got blown off.
I even dragged my wife to one of his games last year wearing Niner gear to show some and keep the Niners in his eye.

AND…is there a problem with Simeon Carter that we were never mentioned with him ?

[quote=“ninerJ, post:119, topic:30905”]I agree…I mentioned Moss to a member of the coaching staff over a year ago and it got blown off.
I even dragged my wife to one of his games last year wearing Niner gear to show some and keep the Niners in his eye.

AND…is there a problem with Simeon Carter that we were never mentioned with him ?[/quote]We did our homework on him. We also just added quite a few bigs and perhaps we have some 2018 bigs we like that are attainable.