Class of 2017 MBB recruiting thread

[quote=“lucky57, post:79, topic:30905”]Someone please give me a legit reason to be optimistic for 2017. Therre’s not 1 kid we’ve signed so far that I can get really excited about.[/quote]Jon Davis. He could be preseason player of the year in the conference. We need defense and rebounding in the post to help. We had the guards and wings, let’s hope we’ve brought in posts that can help.

I expect us to bring in 1 more guard, I don’t think it’d hurt if he was a grad transfer.

^ what he said.

JD
Ajukwa
Andrien
Garvin
Price
Murphy

[quote=“Threemire09, post:82, topic:30905”]^ what he said.

JD
Ajukwa
Andrien
Garvin
Price
Murphy[/quote]we need two of the big men to step up or it won’t matter how good jd, white, and ajukwa are.

I’m sure at least 1 of the 4 will be good. Hoping for more.

Agree. With 4 of 5 all C-USA 2017 first teamers definitely gone (2 seniors and 2 transfers), Davis is going to get a lot of consideration for POY.

i doubt that you would be optimistic if we signed the second-coming of shaq and kobi’s twin. but in addition to davis, i’d mention the fact that price has the most “complete” team he has had so far in his extended tenure. so let’s just see. ::slight_smile: [font=Verdana][size=78%] [/size][/font]

Davis - Murphy
Ajukwa - White
Garvin - Price-Supica
Watson - Thomas
Haslem

Adding Isaiah Whaley, or a sleeper big to this lineup and it would look well rounded.
Add Tyler Maye, and…who knows !
Would definitely be a tourney team for next season.

I don’t see Whaley being an option. It looks like Maye could be dragging things out, I’ve seen that story before.

Supica is a 4, I don’t think he’ll see any time at the 3 here.

Why do you say Whaley is not an option ?

[quote=“ninerJ, post:88, topic:30905”]Why do you say Whaley is not an option ?[/quote]There has been nothing linking us to Whaley in an extremely long time.

Haruna ?
I’d hate to see three Juco’s in one year.

[quote=“ninerJ, post:90, topic:30905”]Haruna ?
I’d hate to see three Juco’s in one year.[/quote]I don’t think you see another big man added that plays in the Fall. If they did, it’d almost have to be a grad transfer.

[quote=“moss2k, post:91, topic:30905”][quote=“ninerJ, post:90, topic:30905”]Haruna ?
I’d hate to see three Juco’s in one year.[/quote]I don’t think you see another big man added that plays in the Fall. If they did, it’d almost have to be a grad transfer.[/quote]

Heard Jack Whitman is looking for a place to land. Though I know he has a visit to UNC-CHeat this weekend (and visited Clemson last weekend, I think?).

[quote=“NewNiner, post:92, topic:30905”][quote=“moss2k, post:91, topic:30905”][quote=“ninerJ, post:90, topic:30905”]Haruna ?
I’d hate to see three Juco’s in one year.[/quote]I don’t think you see another big man added that plays in the Fall. If they did, it’d almost have to be a grad transfer.[/quote]

Heard Jack Whitman is looking for a place to land. Though I know he has a visit to UNC-CHeat this weekend (and visited Clemson last weekend, I think?).[/quote]

His visit to UNC got cancelled, that being said we still don’t have a shot.

[quote=“JB, post:93, topic:30905”][quote=“NewNiner, post:92, topic:30905”][quote=“moss2k, post:91, topic:30905”][quote=“ninerJ, post:90, topic:30905”]Haruna ?

Heard Jack Whitman is looking for a place to land. Though I know he has a visit to UNC-CHeat this weekend (and visited Clemson last weekend, I think?).[/quote]

His visit to UNC got cancelled, that being said we still don’t have a shot.[/quote]

I don’t know. If that’s the case (that it was canceled), he may be down to only George Washington as a possible landing spot.

Per Jeff Goodman, transferring to Kansas.

Per Verbal Commits, Maye has been offered by VCU and Dayton.

Per Verbal Commits, picked up an offer from UConn. Reported to be visiting New Mexico today before heading to Storrs on Wednesday to meet with the Huskies.

Do we make another play for this kid since he’s leaving Tennessee ?
That would get our guard rotation back in line after Davis & White graduate.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/kwe-parker

[quote=“ninerJ, post:98, topic:30905”]Do we make another play for this kid since he’s leaving Tennessee ?
That would get our guard rotation back in line after Davis & White graduate.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/kwe-parker[/quote]I imagine we reach out , at a minimum to him. Still need 1 more G for this Fall though. There as been no news on Parker after he was released.

With former NC A&T G Sam Hunt reopening his recruitment following a very short lived commitment to Pacific, Jeff Goodman reporting he will visit NC State tomorrow.