Class of 2017 MBB recruiting thread

I have no idea if these recruits are going to be any good, but it appears that we will be a better balanced team than last year.

The future’s so bright, I gotta wear shades. Green tinted shades.

clt says we already miss beans. Beans was the leader of the locker room

Lazenby commits to Oklahoma, go get Maye !

OU first made contact with Lazenby on Sunday, he signs on Friday. That’s a different world than the one we recruit in.

OU first made contact with Lazenby on Sunday, he signs on Friday. That’s a different world than the one we recruit in.[/quote]

Sad thing is, that used to not be the case. Not an even playing field anymore.

in all fairness, he had other solid power five offers, like psu, utah and texas tech but oklahoma is the big school in the state and he is an oklahoma kid. it sounded like we were the leaders before ok jumped in, so it is not like we were competing and possibly ahead of a bunch of bad schools.

OU first made contact with Lazenby on Sunday, he signs on Friday. That’s a different world than the one we recruit in.[/quote]

Sad thing is, that used to not be the case. Not an even playing field anymore.[/quote]Ghost of Von Wafer.

I was very critical of Price this past season.

While it remains to be seen if this recruiting class will be enough I will say that he is at least trying to address our needs. This team should be more balanced than last year. For that reason alone I am looking forward to the start of the next season.

[quote=“Ben H, post:69, topic:30905”]I was very critical of Price this past season.

While it remains to be seen if this recruiting class will be enough I will say that he is at least trying to address our needs. This team should be more balanced than last year. For that reason alone I am looking forward to the start of the next season.[/quote]

I know that I could find examples of anything to compare Price to and they really mean nothing, but just down the road Bob McKillop went 4-24, 10-19, 11-17, 14-14 before he got to the NIT on a 22-8 record. Since then he has done pretty well. I remind myself of this when I am losing my patience. I remind myself of this often during the season. Here’s hoping that Price has turned the corner.

[quote=“Nugget, post:70, topic:30905”][quote=“Ben H, post:69, topic:30905”]I was very critical of Price this past season.

While it remains to be seen if this recruiting class will be enough I will say that he is at least trying to address our needs. This team should be more balanced than last year. For that reason alone I am looking forward to the start of the next season.[/quote]

I know that I could find examples of anything to compare Price to and they really mean nothing, but just down the road Bob McKillop went 4-24, 10-19, 11-17, 14-14 before he got to the NIT on a 22-8 record. Since then he has done pretty well. I remind myself of this when I am losing my patience. I remind myself of this often during the season. Here’s hoping that Price has turned the corner.[/quote]

Good point. It’s also worth noting that it took both Foster and Mullins a year or 2 to get us into winning mode. And It took Coach K a while at Duke. Same with Dave Odom at Wake when he turned them around. And none of those coaches had to start with pratically nothing like Price did.

[quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30905”][quote=“Nugget, post:70, topic:30905”][quote=“Ben H, post:69, topic:30905”]I was very critical of Price this past season.

I know that I could find examples of anything to compare Price to and they really mean nothing, but just down the road Bob McKillop went 4-24, 10-19, 11-17, 14-14 before he got to the NIT on a 22-8 record. Since then he has done pretty well. I remind myself of this when I am losing my patience. I remind myself of this often during the season. Here’s hoping that Price has turned the corner.[/quote]

Good point. It’s also worth noting that it took both Foster and Mullins a year or 2 to get us into winning mode. And It took Coach K a while at Duke. Same with Dave Odom at Wake when he turned them around. And none of those coaches had to start with pratically nothing like Price did.[/quote]

foster had norris dae and maybe a half-way serviceable guard but not much else as i recall. talk about starting from scratch! he was exactly in lambert’s shoes that first year. began with slow white boys running a very deliberate O.

[quote=“49r9r, post:71, topic:30905”][quote=“Nugget, post:70, topic:30905”][quote=“Ben H, post:69, topic:30905”]I was very critical of Price this past season.

Good point. It’s also worth noting that it took both Foster and Mullins a year or 2 to get us into winning mode. And It took Coach K a while at Duke. Same with Dave Odom at Wake when he turned them around. And none of those coaches had to start with pratically nothing like Price did.[/quote]

At this point comparing Price to Coach K or Dean is not very instructive, but Davidson would have been a tough place to recruit to prior to Steph, yet McKillop found a way to win through coaching rather than recruiting (like 'ol Roy). Price is going to have to do the same, getting diamonds in the rough and polishing them.

Where did QJ end up after transferring from Charlotte?

How many schollies do we have left now?

He is still a free agent.

[quote=“49r9r, post:75, topic:30905”]How many schollies do we have left now?[/quote]Bookmark this: https://agent49.net/scholarship-table/

3 open right now.

[quote=“moss2k, post:77, topic:30905”][quote=“49r9r, post:75, topic:30905”]How many schollies do we have left now?[/quote]Bookmark this: https://agent49.net/scholarship-table/

3 open right now.[/quote]

2019 looks like an interesting roster so far.

Someone please give me a legit reason to be optimistic for 2017. Therre’s not 1 kid we’ve signed so far that I can get really excited about.

[quote=“lucky57, post:79, topic:30905”]Someone please give me a legit reason to be optimistic for 2017. Therre’s not 1 kid we’ve signed so far that I can get really excited about.[/quote]I’m not excited about them in the sense that I expect them to be great this year, but I do really like Thomas’ potential. He’s only been playing basketball for a few years and he nearly averaged a triple double. His positioning and timing must be pretty good to average the rebounding and blocking numbers that he does.

Haslem is legitimately huge, so I’m optimistic he will bring immediate rebounding and a defensive presence.

I don’t really know what to think of Milos. I’m skeptical simply because of the luck we’ve had with Euros the last decade, but he has good size and his HS coach said he is a lot more athletic than most Euro players.

I don’t think we’ll do anything amazing next season, but I do feel better about next season than I did this season when we were severely undersized.