Class of 2017 MBB recruiting thread

Niners get Thomas from South Meck! 7.7 blocks a game led the nation according to MaxPreps

Getting more and more excited about our potential next season. Roster holes are getting filled.

Glad to have him!

Need a guard to fill the class

This has certainly flipped from the usual for us.

It’s been a while since I have felt this positive about the future of 49er basketball. It’s a great feeling.

What makes you feel so positive? Serious question. We signed a juco and a guy from Canada right? Am I missing anyone? Neither guy had great d1 offers right. Correct me if I’m wrong, this is all I have to go off of. I hope both blow it up on the court but isn’t that like 25/75?

As of now I’m holding to my “worse than last year” expectation until proven otherwise. We lost a lot from an already bad team.

JR Davis JR White SR Ajukwa SR Price FR Murphy SO Garvin

Add Haslem, Supica,Bryant Thomas, Devarte

Cant be worse than last year

[quote=“Threemire09, post:48, topic:30905”]JR Davis JR White SR Ajukwa SR Price FR Murphy SO Garvin

Cant be worse than last year[/quote]

We’ll see. Garvin, Price and somewhat White should be coming off bench, not starting at this point. It’ll be interesting to see how the roster plays out but to say it’s better because new unproven players coming in is kinda reaching for the stars imo.

Trade what we lost and what we’ve gained so far, add a year of experience. 5 more wins

[quote=“cibik02, post:49, topic:30905”][quote=“Threemire09, post:48, topic:30905”]JR Davis JR White SR Ajukwa SR Price FR Murphy SO Garvin

We’ll see. Garvin, Price and somewhat White should be coming off bench, not starting at this point. It’ll be interesting to see how the roster plays out but to say it’s better because new unproven players coming in is kinda reaching for the stars imo.[/quote]

What makes you feel so positive? Serious question. We signed a juco and a guy from Canada right? Am I missing anyone? Neither guy had great d1 offers right. Correct me if I’m wrong, this is all I have to go off of. I hope both blow it up on the court but isn’t that like 25/75?

As of now I’m holding to my “worse than last year” expectation until proven otherwise. We lost a lot from an already bad team.[/quote]

We are bringing back all five starters. We are now recruiting a bench. We’ve recruited a tall toolsy bench with upside.

I’d guess our starters to be JD, White,Ajukwa, Garvin, Haslem

Pretty solid

clt says no beans, no beuno.

[quote=“cibik02, post:49, topic:30905”][quote=“Threemire09, post:48, topic:30905”]JR Davis JR White SR Ajukwa SR Price FR Murphy SO Garvin

We’ll see. Garvin, Price and somewhat White should be coming off bench, not starting at this point. It’ll be interesting to see how the roster plays out but to say it’s better because new unproven players coming in is kinda reaching for the stars imo.[/quote]

Too early to throw in towel on White. IMO the foot injury really hurt him this past season.

would love to get Maye and Lazenby

I am not sure why some are so excited about this class. We have filled some holes with big men, but most were lightly recruited so I am not sure they are any better than what we had on the bench last year in two 7’. We lost a few players that graduated and a transfer, so we may be worse next year than we were this year.

I hope I am wrong, but we have to have another guard and hope a couple of the bigs can play or we will be seeing Price at the 4 all year again and that means we are going to get killed down low.

As of now I’m holding to my “worse than last year” expectation until proven otherwise. We lost a lot from an already bad team.[/quote]

We are bringing back all five starters. We are now recruiting a bench. We’ve recruited a tall toolsy bench with upside.[/quote]

We lost BO and Vanhook. Jackson started a few games I believe as well.

Sometimes losing a lot from an already bad team isn’t such a bad thing.

So far we’ve mainly replaced guards with big men so it’s hard to guess.