Class of 2018 MBB recruiting thread

Sanchez has had talks with Lavar Batts about coming to Charlotte. No idea how close Batts is to a decision.

1 Like

would be a solid add. between him, the ok transfers, robb, mcgill, we will have plenty of pg’s. i imagine if batts comes here, robb or mcgill would reassess their options.

Rather have Batts than either of those two.
Sacrifice McGill before Robb !

i cant comment on whether i would rather have batts or the grad. transfers. the grad. transfers are no risk and have produced big numbers in d1 but batts has more upside and will be in the system longer. def. agree about keeping robb over mcgill. poor mcgill. he is not terrible but we would be better off with the schollie so we can sign a big.

Please add a trigger warning for @Nineradvocate when listing non-post recruit options.

From Jon Rothstein:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1006347486565421057

good story about malik martin.
http://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2018/06/04/sports/new-york-state-of-mind-with-49ers-basketball-recruit-malik-martin/

I’m picking Malik to be the outstanding player from this class.

Per Verbal Commits, Boston U’s Cheddi Mosely is transfering to La Salle.

FWIW, Jon Rothstein reporting that TAMUCC grad transfer and former Nevada commit Ehab Amin has cut his list to Oregon, Boston College, Rutgers, and Wichita State. Initially chose the Wolf Pack over the Shockers before reopening recruitment.

Headed to Oregon

At what point do we simply table the scholarship?

Unless we can get a 5th year transfer that can really, really help…I think we should bank the last scollie.

FWIW

Saw that earlier. He’s certainly a talent you’d have to think we’d look st really hard. We have a ship (2) open this yea for mid-year transfers…

clt says we need size on this current team

Dont see how he fits the packline at all.

How would this work? Aren’t we out of scholarships through 2019?

We arent for this year, so he could be on scholarship for this year and then expect a transfer at end of season.

Rothstein reporting Steere will visit St. John’s this weekend.