Class of 2020 MBB recruiting thread

Thread to discuss the class of 2020 recruits for Men’s hoops.

Verbal Commits reporting that 6-2 SG Tristan Maxwell of North Mecklenburg HS has been offered by Winthrop. Son of former Florida and NBA player Vernon Maxwell.

Verbal Commits reporting that 6-7 SF Silas Mason of Ben L. Smith H.S. in Greensboro has been offered by Oklahoma State, Houston, and DePaul, as well as his hometown UNCG.

Phenomhoopreport.com: Academics plus Athleticism equals Big-Time Potential: 2020 Silas Mason

Verbal Commits reporting that 6-2 combo G Jaden Springer of Rocky River H.S. in Mint Hill has been offered by Auburn. Number one prospect in NC for 2020 class per Phenom Hoop Report and cousin of 2016 A-10 POY DeAndre Bembry of the Atlanta Hawks.

Picks up an offer from NC State.

Springer ranked #13 in the 2020 ESPN 25 and only North Carolinian on the list that came out yesterday.

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered.

nm

Verbal Commits reporting that 5-11 PG Jalen Cone of Walkertown HS in Kernersville has been offered by Virginia Tech. Currently ranked #2 in the state’s 2020 class by Prep Hoops North Carolina.

Prephoops.com: The Basketball Interview: Jalen Cone (2020)

Blessed to receive my 8th and 9th offers from UNCC and Western Carolina 🙏🏾 https://t.co/WMMZPGd3xR

Also has offers from Florida DePaul and ECU so far.

clt says we cannot compete with Lebo

Per Verbal Commits, Nigerian 6-9 PF Justice Ajogbor of the Christ School in Arden, NC has been offered by Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Tennessee…

Prephoops.com: Prospect Intro: Justice Ajogbor (2020)

[quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:30903”]Per Verbal Commits, Nigerian 6-9 PF Justice Ajogbor of the Christ School in Arden, NC has been offered by Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Tennessee…

Prephoops.com: Prospect Intro: Justice Ajogbor (2020)[/quote]Hey Run, any reason for the posts with kids were not in on yet?

[quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30903”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:30903”]Per Verbal Commits, Nigerian 6-9 PF Justice Ajogbor of the Christ School in Arden, NC has been offered by Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Tennessee…

Prephoops.com: Prospect Intro: Justice Ajogbor (2020)[/quote]Hey Run, any reason for the posts with kids were not in on yet?[/quote]
Just noting high profile offers to in-state prospects. Guess it’s an assumption on my part that Price & Co. are also looking at these players.

[quote=“Run49er, post:15, topic:30903”][quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30903”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:30903”]Per Verbal Commits, Nigerian 6-9 PF Justice Ajogbor of the Christ School in Arden, NC has been offered by Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Tennessee…

Prephoops.com: Prospect Intro: Justice Ajogbor (2020)[/quote]Hey Run, any reason for the posts with kids were not in on yet?[/quote]
Just noting high profile offers to in-state prospects. Guess it’s an assumption on my part that Price & Co. are also looking at these players.[/quote]I’d try to limit to those guys we know we’re engaged with at some level, that way we don’t create confusion for casual followers on the recruiting side of things.

[quote=“moss2k, post:16, topic:30903”][quote=“Run49er, post:15, topic:30903”][quote=“moss2k, post:14, topic:30903”][quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:30903”]Per Verbal Commits, Nigerian 6-9 PF Justice Ajogbor of the Christ School in Arden, NC has been offered by Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, and Tennessee…

Just noting high profile offers to in-state prospects. Guess it’s an assumption on my part that Price & Co. are also looking at these players.[/quote]I’d try to limit to those guys we know we’re engaged with at some level, that way we don’t create confusion for casual followers on the recruiting side of things.[/quote]
Understandable. And FWIW, Davidson has offered Ajogbor as well.

Per this piece by Langston Wertz in today’s Big O, the Niners have offered Jaden Springer.

Charlotteobserver.com: How good is hotly recruited Jaden Springer? ‘It’s not fair,’ Rocky River High coach says

Per Verbal Commits, Niners have offered 6-4 SG Josh Banks of Olympic HS.