Class of 2021 MBB recruiting thread

He may lead the team next year. He should take a lot of the responsibility off of Young.

So…
1 young
2 Austin butler
3 trapp

clt says we are going sweet 16 next year

Or at least win 12 games

Why would you have him listed as a starter over Brice Williams. He smaller, older and had worse stats. Wouldn’t we want to confirm our commitment to our own player rather than chasing dreams that a mediocre player from a “big school” is going to change our fortunes?

2 Likes

Niners have contacted Southern Illinois Edwardsville transfer 6-10 junior C Philip Pepple Jr. of Shoreline, WA. Averaged 7.8 ppg and 5 rpg in his one year at SIUE. First two collegiate seasons at JUCO Casper College in Wyoming.

1 Like

Trapp played the 2nd most minutes at Clemson last season but had the 4th most fg attempts. I haven’t watched him play and don’t know a lot about Clemson other than they had a good year last year finishing 5th in the ACC.

So… on paper, I’m gonna start a guy that’s in his 5th year and played the 2nd most minutes on the 5th best team in the ACC last year over Williams. I’m gonna expect the competition to be a little easier for Trapp this coming year than his entire college career and he may even be a #1-2 option for fg attempts. We’ll see.

He starts every game for Clemson last year and he can’t make the starting rotation at Charlotte? How many games we win last year?

1 Like

Seems like a good way to piss off and stunt the growth of your own home grown players who are improving. We will see how it works out.

1 Like

I just want to win. Tired of losing.

Brice is 6’7. He can play the 4.

3 Likes

Williams fits right in with those three and Trapp is far from mediocre !

1 Like

I look at it as we have what appears to be 2 solid transfers to join Young and Williams. So if you consider a 7-8 man rotation with the top 6/7 guys getting 28-32mpg there is plenty of minutes in there for Williams even if he doesn’t start. But as of now I think Williams is one of our top 4 players so he should start.

If Sanchez can somehow land 2 more transfers that can play the 4/5, we may have something here for 2021.

But as some has said on here, “it takes several years to learn Sanchez system” well it better not. Sanchez better adjust whatever he did last year if he wants to keep his job.

I could easily see Brice in the 4 spot to spread the offense out.

3 Likes

I like Brice Williams at the 4…he stretches the court out

2 Likes

Agreed. I shouldn’t have used that word to describe Trapp.

I also can see Brice working with the two new guys. The two transfers basically replace Matos and shepherd. We need another big and another wing for depth. Really really need another big to supplement Khalifa and Garcia.

Do we really have a 2, 3 or 4 in our offense? It seems that the 1-4 rotate around the 3-pt line looking for an open shot, or maybe (and not often enough) a lane to the basket. We do not look (often enough) for offensive rebounds, so there is no 4 crashing the boards for put-backs. I can see how 6’6"-6’9" shooter can create match-up problems for other teams, so I feel like we are a point guard, a high-post 5, and 3 athletic shooters. At least that is what it looks like Sanchez is trying to do.

Well, Garcia some how finds himself getting passed the ball beyond the 3 point line a lot so he doesn’t play like a 4/5 player. He may play some 2 next year.

Niners have contacted UMBC transfer 6-9 senior PF Daniel Akin of London, England. Taking advantage of the extra year after averaging 7.9 ppg and 6.4 rpg for Ryan Odom & Co. this past season.

Per the following pieces, Odom had built a rationship with Akin’s school in England while still with the Niners:

All of these bigs are upgrades over risetto and many are probably upgrades over supica. I really like the talent of this roster on paper but we need to see if A.) Sanchez can coach them up and B.) The team is determined to step up.

1 Like

My biggest concern is that we seem to be targeting “one and done” players with these senior grad transfers taking advantage of the extra year. That said, definitely like the guys we’ve landed so far.

2 Likes

I think with the portal that we will continue to have spots for 1-2 yr guys